Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laramie, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove my S90D from Twin Falls to Tremonton in January when the temp was literally 0F. I was in a hurry so I was going 10 over the speed limit which is 90mph. I charged to full which was about 285 rated miles at the time. Obviously the conditions were awful but I was still shocked that I actually had to take some preventative measures to be sure I made it. I didn't want to slow down since I was in a hurry, but I did kill the heat for a couple 15 minutes stretches. I think there is a slight downhill stretch before Tremonton so when I hit that I was fine and made it with like 20 rated miles to spare. So maybe I didn't need to kill the heat after all. But with temps around zero, I wasn't going to risk getting stranded lol.

The Laramie Supercharger is definitely up and operating. It's topping off my batteries as I send this. I notified the desk clerk who was unaware that it is operational.

Attachments

• 1504216771423-1098523588.jpg
    1504216771423-1098523588.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 137
It's not showing as up on the Tesla web site yet. I would suggest calling Roadside Assistance before leaving if you're planning on charging there to make sure it's open. Too often they're open for a day or two for some testing, but then go offline for a bit before going online permanently.

When we left the Rawlins charger today, the Laramie charger wasn't on the map in the car. I called Tesla road service to see if Laramie was up. They said it wasn't. When we got to Laramie, we stopped just to check anyway. We were able to charge. The desk clerk at the motel said she thought they were waiting for a part, that it wasn't regulating the charge they way they wanted it to. So it's not officially on but is operating nonetheless.

Charged today at Larimie Supercharger. When we left Rawlins we navigated to "Supercharger Laramie" and it showed up on the map but was still grey icon. We met Patrick and his wife who were charging. They had their new Tesla S for 24 hours. They were planning on putting $1000 down on a Model 3 but ended up buying a Model S. They said that there are 3 Tesla's in Larimie.

Reactions: pox
Two days ago at Laramie there was nobody there but me, then at Model 60 showed up, driven by a couple who had bought it in Seattle a couple days earlier. They had few problems. I met them again in Salina, Kansas, still doing well as they proceed to Louisiana.

The opening of Rawlins, Laramie and Cheyenne suddenly make things practical for those who, like me, want to cruise at 90 mph or more across I-80.

Laramie is currently down. I got the news when I pulled in :(

I'm staying at the hotel. Front desk says Tesla people were working on it yesterday (Thursday) and should be back working on it today (Friday). She said this is the first night that it wasn't lit up, so I guess I'm just unlucky to show up on the wrong night. I'll update this thread again with any information.

Laramie is currently down. I got the news when I pulled in :(

I'm staying at the hotel. Front desk says Tesla people were working on it yesterday (Thursday) and should be back working on it today (Friday). She said this is the first night that it wasn't lit up, so I guess I'm just unlucky to show up on the wrong night. I'll update this thread again with any information.

You might have to go to the KOA campground on the other side of the Highway.

• Helpful
Reactions: DrivingRockies
@BlueShift definitely change this one back to a construction cone so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Still no power today and no one working on the site, so there's probably a good chance it will be down all weekend or longer.

Even though I was about 95% certain it would work, I did charge extra last night at Loveland so I'm not totally screwed. The original plan was to charge enough that I could back track to Cheyenne if necessary but luckily I got distracted with something I was doing online and charged mostly to full. This means I have 132 rated miles to work with to go the 96 miles to Rawlins. Should be no problem right? Well, there's a 25mph dead-on headwind, so I'm gonna be going 25 under the speed limit with no a/c. I guess I better change into my shorts!