Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (High Roller at LINQ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the new supercharger last week and took a snap of the speed I was getting.
charging.jpg

Not to offer Bob any defense but I did hit 75kw recently at an urban SC.

Now to undo any damage that statement might have made. It also lists the on site Destination Chargers and J1772 chargers under one pin.

Hot grid voltage can cause Urban Superchargers to peak at 75 kW, just like V2 stations can peak at 150 kW. However, the nominal number is 72 kW Urban and 144 kW V2. You can also see lower output if the grid voltage is low. Grid voltage can vary geographically based on proximity of power generation stations.

Last edited:
Hot grid voltage can cause Urban Superchargers to peak at 75 kW, just like V2 stations can peak at 150 kW. However, the nominal number is 72 kW Urban and 144 kW V2. You can also see lower output if the grid voltage is low. Grid voltage can vary geographically based on proximity of power generation stations.

Interesting that they’ve upgraded the firmware in the SCs to allow the V2’s to call themselves “150 kW” capable, but haven’t updated the Urban SCs to “75 kW” (at least last time I noticed in the car anyways they said 150 kW or 72 kW).

Perhaps being a noob here, but can anyone input the types of factors that would impact not getting the 250kW speeds at this location? Fully updated Model 3, a few months old. Currently charging here and getting 60kW with only 3 other vehicles plugged in...

No pre conditioning.
Extreme heat.
High current battery charge percentage "SOC"
Un plug it and plug it back in wonkiness.

No pre conditioning.
Extreme heat.
High current battery charge percentage "SOC"
Un plug it and plug it back in wonkiness.

Thanks for the tips. Perhaps I’m going off-topic but doesn’t preconditioning only work when the navigation selects this Supercharger as a stop on its own? I input this Supercharger as a destination and when I do that, I never get the “preconditioning” message.

It is quite hot out and I did arrive with 35% capacity, so perhaps that’s a factor. Didn’t think to try unplugging and replugging.

Thanks for the tips. Perhaps I’m going off-topic but doesn’t preconditioning only work when the navigation selects this Supercharger as a stop on its own? I input this Supercharger as a destination and when I do that, I never get the “preconditioning” message.

It is quite hot out and I did arrive with 35% capacity, so perhaps that’s a factor. Didn’t think to try unplugging and replugging.

Try a different stall and see if the charge rate improves.

Are you tapping the lightning bolt icon at the bottom right of map and choosing the supercharger from the list? Or selecting navigate after tapping on the red pin? Those two methods should work, but not entering the address in the navigation.

You should see preconditioning when you are close enough ... if the battery is mostly warm already it might only come on for the last 5 miles ... or never if it’s already hot enough.

Just made it to this charger for the first time. Two of the L2 chargers were taken but no super chargers were taken.

Getting 150ish kW in my 2018 Model 3 LR. So a little over 600mi/hr. Not the 1000 someone reported earlier but still at least twice as fast as I’ve ever gotten at the V2 chargers!

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
Just made it to this charger for the first time. Two of the L2 chargers were taken but no super chargers were taken.

Getting 150ish kW in my 2018 Model 3 LR. So a little over 600mi/hr. Not the 1000 someone reported earlier but still at least twice as fast as I’ve ever gotten at the V2 chargers!
What was your state of charge when you began charging? I understand that the higher level can't be reached unless you begin with a very low charge like 2-5% and the battery at the right temperature to accept the high rate of charge.