Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (High Roller at LINQ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
250 kW max until 20%, so you should start charging at 15% or lose SOC. I started at 11% and only had 250 kW flat for 2 min from 12-20%

You’re correcting the guy who made these charts?
V3 Supercharging Profiles for Model 3

LOL.

Just because your car tapered at 20% on that one charge doesn’t mean that 20% is *the* taper point, it just means you didn’t have ideal conditions. Too hot (the station, your car, ambient) or other reason.

We stopped at this Supercharger site a few weeks ago while returning from a long trip, and I'm hopeful that this location will be good advertising for Tesla. It's impressive to see the V3 Superchargers! However, I don't think we'll charge at this site again, as there was a lot of traffic getting from the freeway to these Superchargers, and restroom access isn't the most convenient. I think this site is best used by those who want to spend time at the Strip. For the rest of us, using the SCs on the south side of Las Vegas or in Primm makes more sense.

You’re correcting the guy who made these charts?
V3 Supercharging Profiles for Model 3

LOL.

Just because your car tapered at 20% on that one charge doesn’t mean that 20% is *the* taper point, it just means you didn’t have ideal conditions. Too hot (the station, your car, ambient) or other reason.

Fair point it does depend, but I haven’t seen data that 250 kW goes past 25%. I recommend arriving with a warm battery at 10% SOC to get the max charge rate

Fair point it does depend, but I haven’t seen data that 250 kW goes past 25%. I recommend arriving with a warm battery at 10% SOC to get the max charge rate

Click the exact link to the exact post in that thread I posted that you quoted to see data showing ~27% taper (and you said 20% in your first post anyways, so even 25% is well past that for someone just trying to 'see' 250 kW)

Reactions: Zoomit
Click the exact link to the exact post in that thread I posted that you quoted to see data showing ~27% taper (and you said 20% in your first post anyways, so even 25% is well past that for someone just trying to 'see' 250 kW)
Cool, I saw it, I think that will be rare (27.5%), my main point is arrive with well below 20% to have the best chance at reaching 250 kW. Have you done it yourself?

Still construction near the entrance but they waved me through very quickly.

Attachments

• 69298066-9CAB-4FE0-9049-C1F2BE3C81F3.jpeg
    69298066-9CAB-4FE0-9049-C1F2BE3C81F3.jpeg
    527.4 KB · Views: 86
55mins will do the trick for almost everyone. Let’s not screw it up and start paying just to go in to charge.

Maybe Tesla should add a free parking count-down timer to the charging screen with an alert, you have 5 minutes to exit the parking lot before it will cost you. They could even use the PWS speaker to signal the alert to get your attention if you were outside the car. :D

Maybe Tesla should add a free parking count-down timer to the charging screen with an alert, you have 5 minutes to exit the parking lot before it will cost you. They could even use the PWS speaker to signal the alert to get your attention if you were outside the car. :D

Or, and this is a hard one for a lot of people these days......... Be an adult with some decency and pay attention so you don’t screw it ip for everyone else.