Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (High Roller at LINQ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was there back on 10 Oct the V3 chargers had no numbers. I plan on going this weekend since it seems they’re back up and running.

Attachments

• ADEF169C-8B32-4240-8122-251BB2714236.jpeg
    ADEF169C-8B32-4240-8122-251BB2714236.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 105
I actually just tapped the charger an hour ago and it showed 16 of 24 “available”. Not sure if that means 8 cars charging or 8 chargers are down when it comes to this Supercharger.

It’s a bummer 40.1.1 stopped rolling out as I was going to test the extra charge rate for us SR+ owners.

This station is not operational as of this afternoon Dec. 14. All superchargers stalls are down. Only the destination chargers are working. Navigation does not show station down.

Lame... I don’t understand why they’re having so much trouble with this Supercharger. I’m downtown right now (without the car) and it showing 24 of 24 on the app

Attachments

• 58F59340-D44D-441E-8DE7-7198F440F5F8.png
    58F59340-D44D-441E-8DE7-7198F440F5F8.png
    441.1 KB · Views: 91
Can anyone in the area confirm if this station is operational? My Tesla App shows 1/24 stalls available. Don't know if this means 23 stalls are occupied or only 1 is operational.

This is what I show as of 3:54PM (local Vegas time). I was there the other day testing the new charge rate for SR+ and none were out of order

Attachments

• 7F1F1443-109B-42A6-95A7-AF206B39F97B.png
    7F1F1443-109B-42A6-95A7-AF206B39F97B.png
    454.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
Station must be operational then if the number of available stalls is dynamically changing.

Oh you just had to say something!

I wonder if they’re shutting down the actual SC’s at night for the surrounding construction. I think all the wall chargers still work but that’s too slow. Bridger isn’t too far to go to and is usually operational.

Attachments

• 8C9E9A54-CF14-4DB8-B72F-462075B6FBB5.png
    8C9E9A54-CF14-4DB8-B72F-462075B6FBB5.png
    444.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
  • Informative
Here tonight and barely hitting 65kW.

What’d you arrive with percentage-wise and had you been driving/pre-conditioning? Curious because it’s pretty cold here in Vegas for the batteries.

I know this SC has been a sh*t show since it opened so I wonder how much is actually the SC vs surrounding construction power problems vs weather (colder temps lately)

Attachments

• E0317270-0CD8-491D-946A-D113527D4697.png
    E0317270-0CD8-491D-946A-D113527D4697.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 74
Isn't that Super Charger powered by Solar? Maybe insufficient power from solar resulting in Tesla batteries in low SOC? My co-worker with brand new solar at home has been really upset of solar production the last couple of days.

There’s now way the solar panels on the shade cover power a V3 charger for 24 vehicles. It’s mostly for green appeal I’m sure, maybe they power the lights or something but not much.

As for your friend with solar panels, that’s what happens in the winter or when storms roll through. Power production decreases sharply. The winter is the worst because the sun drops so low in the hemisphere

50% SOC, so I know I'm not going to get anywhere near 250, and I did precondition. Still seemed slower than I was expecting.

What’d you arrive with percentage-wise and had you been driving/pre-conditioning? Curious because it’s pretty cold here in Vegas for the batteries.

I know this SC has been a sh*t show since it opened so I wonder how much is actually the SC vs surrounding construction power problems vs weather (colder temps lately)

Isn't that Super Charger powered by Solar? Maybe insufficient power from solar resulting in Tesla batteries in low SOC? My co-worker with brand new solar at home has been really upset of solar production the last couple of days.
Nothing like getting upset about solar production on the winter solstice. Perhaps he should consult a diagram of the solar system.

50% SOC, so I know I'm not going to get anywhere near 250, and I did precondition. Still seemed slower than I was expecting.

Yeah I’m surprised you got 65kW! It probably dropped really quick too. The batteries just don’t like the cold. I only got my Model 3 in July (in Colorado Springs) and now where here in Vegas so I’m interested to see what the heat does to the battery come May-Sept. I know the batteries like to be about ~90*F so hopefully the 110* days we get here in Vegas aren’t too much and really I’m just glad I’m not in Colorado for winter with this car!

Was just there tonight, we used the HWPC’s instead of the SC so we could take some family through the walking area there. In and out in just under an hour so it was free and so was the charge!

I only saw two SC’s that weren’t lit up, no tape or anything like 1Willie said above. Still tons of construction but the guy waved me right in as usual, they’ve been pretty good about that.