Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (High Roller at LINQ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's an automated system I wonder how they keep people from just driving out of the gate at the end of a free charge from the TWC. With 1500 Teslas going thru the gate a day, just piggyback on another car leaving. Although free charging while providing a place to park while you tour Las Vegas, that's pretty cool too.

I will miss the old Vegas Supercharger if they shutter it, so nice to get out of the sun, for a little while at least. The last two times I have charged there it's been 99° and my forehead has been sunburned. Finally figured out that I need a hat in the summer even with the UV rejection on the glass roof. How much is that Bosley hair restoration?

• Love
Reactions: nwfan
Stopped by today on a road trip (lucky me!) in my MS and was getting a ridiculous 139kW for 468 mph at about 27%. Fastest I've seen.

Minor notes. People seem to have issues with reading / using the gate code. Also, traffic in that area is awful, especially with construction still going on. Despite that, it's an extremely nice SC!

No 250kW signage, but no stall numbers either. The cords are noticably cooler and thinner.

Nice! What was the fastest kw you had seen prior to this? Is it a AP2 75D or ? Thanks.

If it's an automated system I wonder how they keep people from just driving out of the gate at the end of a free charge from the TWC. With 1500 Teslas going thru the gate a day, just piggyback on another car leaving.

The gate closes suuuper fast. There's no way you can piggyback unless you're touching the bumper of the car in front of you.

Nice! What was the fastest kw you had seen prior to this? Is it a AP2 75D or ? Thanks.

AP2.5 75. Probably the fastest I've seen was very recently at about 118kW ~ 389mph.

Reactions: cybergates
I'm charging right now in the big new Supercharger v3 site under The Linq and High Roller in Las Vegas.

I don't need a lot of charge, and I'm in a Model S that can't take the full charge rate. Right now the car is charging at 66 kW with 68% SoC.

The site needs a PIN code to enter, which you'll see on the navigation screen when you select the new charging station.

The station is next to a major construction site, so may be navigated onto roads that are CLOSED. (Winnick Ave. from Koval Ln. is totally closed.)

When I came in, a construction flag man had to wave me past a road block into the charger station.

The site includes a dozen or so destination chargers that Linq and Caesar's will use for valet parking and charging for guests.

Here are a couple pics.

Mojo
2019-07-20 14.20.59.jpg
2019-07-20 14.21.21.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Utah John and Chuq
The concept is cool with solar helping with the power but the place is a joke for X/S owners. I thought I was going to get a little bit of a boost but I still was charging at 72-76 KW so it took over an hour to charge and still wasn’t all the way charged. But here’s the joke part you have to enter a code and get a ticket to charge. There is a sign that general parking has to pay to park. Well guess what if you are there charging for over an hour you have to pay. My ticket said I was there for 1 hour and 2 minutes so I had to pay. I’m glad I have free lifetime supercharging or I would have had to pay for that. So if you have a 3 make sure you have the update so you can charge faster. If you have a S/X drive 3 miles down the road and you don’t have to pay to park and charge.

The concept is cool with solar helping with the power but the place is a joke for X/S owners. I thought I was going to get a little bit of a boost but I still was charging at 72-76 KW so it took over an hour to charge and still wasn’t all the way charged.

Wow, that’s really slow. What rate do you typically see at V2 Superchargers Maybe it isn’t fully powered up yet or something is wrong. Car way too hot?

Good tip though about the parking ... not worth waiting for the 100% charge that slows down a ton just to incur parking. Did you need 100% to get you on your way? I usually stop way before it gets that slow but I’ve always had lots of Superchargers along the route so far and not sure what the situation is like heading out from Vegas.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando
You were at an "urban" supercharger. Snatch enough charge to reach a big one and you're set.

Bob Wilson

Bob, the new Las Vegas site is not an Urban Supercharger. It’s actually a brand new V3 site capable of outputting 250 kW per vehicle.

So far only Model 3 can take advantage of the step up in power from V2 to V3. S & X still benefit from a V3 location since power isn’t shared between stalls the way it is in a typical configuration.

charging at 72-76 KW
Urban supercharger is 72kW limit.
So far, we're on the same page.
So far only Model 3 can take advantage of the step up in power from V2 to V3. S & X still benefit from a V3 location
That is strange. I always thought the Model S/X had at least 100 kW charging rate but to go an hour at "72-76 kW" is notable. But we didn't see the initial SOC when @Freerster pulled in. My SR+M3 also falls off of 100-104 kW after ~12 minutes and down to 70 kW after ~15 minutes. Starting SOC 10 miles (~4.)

Bob Wilson

Last edited: