Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (High Roller at LINQ)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this writing my Tesla phone app shows 24/24 available and the white-on-red "pin" symbol has a slashed circle instead of a lightning bolt.
We've been seeing that at several Supercharger sites recently, such as Lone Tree, CO and the new Reno, NV Supercharger. The sites still seem to be up even though the app and in-car navigation indicate the site is having issues.

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
We've been seeing that at several Supercharger sites recently, such as Lone Tree, CO and the new Reno, NV Supercharger. The sites still seem to be up even though the app and in-car navigation indicate the site is having issues.
As I understand it, this site requires a code provided by in-car navigation to gain entry. I've not been there, but might want to use it next week. I wonder if this glitch affects obtaining the code?

As I understand it, this site requires a code provided by in-car navigation to gain entry. I've not been there, but might want to use it next week. I wonder if this glitch affects obtaining the code?

I wish a mod would update the title of this thread as it’s the V3 Linq and not the Las Vegas Blvd & W Sunset Rd charger down by TownSquare mall.

Yes this charging location requires the pin which pops up on the screen although it’s not changed for the 5 times I’ve been there over the past few months. It’s a very finicky charging site that we’re mostly blaming on the construction near by.

as of 11:20am 31 Jan I’m showing it has reduced service

Attachments

• 86FF90C2-D74A-4A1D-B2CF-EC0D2276AAB5.png
    86FF90C2-D74A-4A1D-B2CF-EC0D2276AAB5.png
    559.7 KB · Views: 220
I was there last night and it looked like everything was up and running again... Couldn’t really tell if it was achieving V3 rates, I came in with 40% SOC and battery was probably not fully preheated, but it did touch 100 kW for a minute or two.

Reactions: Matsayz
As of 7 June the arms on the gates are still off. No ICEing today while I was there, one Chevy Bolt using a HPWC. Still tons of crappy construction near by.

Attachments

• 3C307275-F4A1-48BE-9A9E-7C6F0E0F4880.jpeg
    3C307275-F4A1-48BE-9A9E-7C6F0E0F4880.jpeg
    400.5 KB · Views: 157
  • D0546552-323B-4318-8A50-9E9F20061BF1.jpeg
    D0546552-323B-4318-8A50-9E9F20061BF1.jpeg
    393.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 0523C17F-015A-49E3-9387-BEAD938C9E06.jpeg
    0523C17F-015A-49E3-9387-BEAD938C9E06.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 946E3A9D-B164-48C6-8501-11D2F2EE25E8.jpeg
    946E3A9D-B164-48C6-8501-11D2F2EE25E8.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 142
  • 685AEDF8-256F-4859-B0F5-B51CF7AC4186.jpeg
    685AEDF8-256F-4859-B0F5-B51CF7AC4186.jpeg
    477.5 KB · Views: 150
  • D5FF21DF-5CBF-4F6E-B3DF-30DF67DC769E.jpeg
    D5FF21DF-5CBF-4F6E-B3DF-30DF67DC769E.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 58189835-5A93-4D58-B589-00E06545D476.jpeg
    58189835-5A93-4D58-B589-00E06545D476.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 169
This site is market as having battery storage, I've been here a few times but could never find it. Anyone know where it is?
We haven't had good comprehensive pictures/video of the back-end hardware at this location since it initially opened. And there was still a lot of construction going on at the site or right next to it then, so I don't know if there's anything else there that wasn't initially viewable. But there's definitely at least a single, connected PowerPack battery unit right next to the V3 supercharger cabinets. You can see it @ 03:25 in the video I'm attaching below. It's the thinner cabinet to the right that is being viewed from the back. When the video creator walks around to the front, you can see it is labeled "PP-01" for PowerPack #1 (BTW, if you continue watching, ignore the video creator's guess about where the batteries are, the other group of cabinets he was talking about house the switchgear and distribution hardware). There's no inverter cabinet because the battery is connected to the supercharger cabinets via a DC bus, so no need for any conversion to AC.

Battery storage? Can you elaborate a bit more on the question?
I think they're probably talking about the listing for this location on Supercharge.info indicating that the site has an attached battery storage system. The original info that it did was from the Tesla announcement video (linked in this post).

Last edited:
Went there today and had no trouble charging up. Only hit 122 kW though, but it was shady and not very full. There’s a box for a parking ticket entry system, but it has no arm to block the entrance / exit so no code needed. The sign says “Tesla Parking Only” and threatens to tow anyone else.

Didn’t see any signs of construction, just the backs of a couple of hotels and their service entrances.

Staying at LINQ in June. I noticed the Supercharger lot next door has free access with Caesars Rewards. I do have an account number but lost the Caesars card. Will that suffice or is a card swipe needed? If so, I can charge after getting a card. Probably won’t stay an hour anyway, so maybe it doesn’t matter.

Also, what is the likelihood spots will be ICEd?

Staying at LINQ in June. I noticed the Supercharger lot next door has free access with Caesars Rewards. I do have an account number but lost the Caesars card. Will that suffice or is a card swipe needed? If so, I can charge after getting a card. Probably won’t stay an hour anyway, so maybe it doesn’t matter.

Are you talking about the big V3 lot under the Linq ferris wheel?? That's got a pin code to enter which will be on the screen (you may have to cancel the directions once you're there to see code). I'm not sure if the Caesars membership card will exempt you from paying, I've never tried mine as I've never been over an hour there. They have Wall Connectors but make sure it's charging before you walk away as the charger handles get dropped on the ground frequently.

There shouldn't be any ICE vehicles besides a few work trucks/vans on the South side of the lot.

If we're talking about two different locations then my bad.

This is from before the supercharger existed, but I remember swiping a TR card in lieu of payment to validate parking when parking in the LINQ garage a couple years ago. I can't remember if it was upon exit from the garage or at a payment machine near the garage, but I believe it was the latter. And I think you need Diamond status or at least Platinum, not just the entry level card. I was able to use a friend's card without issue which was unfortunately necessary since the bastards 86'd me and deactivated the 7 Stars card that I had had for over a decade.

OTOH, it should be noted that there has been a pandemic and an ownership change in the last year so a lot could have changed. I know some other strip properties reverted to FREE parking in the early days of the pandemic. Not sure what the situation is now as I rarely go to the strip any more.

• Informative