TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (Las Vegas Strip)

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by DJung, Jul 17, 2019.

1. DJung

DJung Member

Didn't see a thread for this location, I came across this on Reddit (credit to u/arroyobass). Looks like a brand new Supercharger almost ready to open right next to the LINQ and High Roller, right off the Las Vegas Strip.

Location is approximately 3993 Audrie St. Las Vegas, NV 89109.

Photo from the LV Monorail (credit to u/arroyobass on Reddit):
    [​IMG]

Source

• Love x 8
    • Like x 4
    • Informative x 3
  2. DJung

DJung Member

#2 DJung, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    I think I found the permits for the installation. Looks like 24 Superchargers and 13 level 2 Destination Chargers.

BD19-11497 (Status Closed - Void)
    BD19-11759 (Permit Issued)

• Informative x 2
  3. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Holy hell, how did no one notice this? It's in Las Vegas, has massive solar canopies, has 24 stalls and (from the picture) looks to be 99% complete? Not a single person happened on this?

For shame TMC!

(Ok there's a privacy fence around it, but still, come on!)

• Funny x 6
    • Like x 3
  4. DJung

DJung Member

Actually while looking for these permits, I may have stumbled onto another Supercharger in the permitting process. Looks like it would be located close to this one on Bridger Ave.

• Informative x 4
  5. Limited

Limited Member

6. b0r3dguy

b0r3dguy Member

This SC location went up really fast! Looking at the Google Street View from March 2019, there were no signs of any construction at that time: Google Maps

• Informative x 2
  7. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Member

What are they doing? Constructing things under an invisibility cloak?

• Funny x 2
  8. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

I think they're building them somewhere else, off-site, and then moving the entire station into place whole-cloth once it's fully assembled. It's the only rational explanation. :)

• Funny x 3
  9. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Easily visible from many hotels and the High Roller!

10. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

11. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Wow! I used to live right near here this site, but very few people live near the Strip so ironically, being so centrally located will limit local supercharging. No local ever wants to go anywhere near the Strip lol. I suspect the locals will continue to crowd the Lazy Dog supercharger.

It's been a while since I lived there and I know things in this area have changed a lot, but the area around Albert Ave. used to have some sketchy shithole housing units. Perhaps these buildings have been torn down by now. In any case, it probably wouldn't have been much of a danger, but I could see some Tesla owners not wanting to be near there late at night.

Of course being right near the Strip, there are many 24 hour options nearby, but I should point out that the Starbucks in the Westin is 24 hours so that might be a welcome amenity for late night superchargers. It's a .3 mile walk from this location, maybe .2 miles if you traipse across some parking lots.

• Like x 1
  12. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

When you live in Las Vegas you tend to avoid the strip like the plague, unless you're attending something there like a concert, or showing around some visiting friends. I don't think I've been to the back parking lot of the Linq since we took my parents on the High Roller for my Dad's birthday in 2014.

13. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

#13 ProphetM, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    All of those old apartments are gone. Harrah's/Caesars spent years buying out that entire neighborhood behind all their properties, and progressively demolishing all the apartment buildings. it's just a massive surface parking lot for employees and visitors now. I believe they intended to build an arena there but I don't know if that was a firm plan that has been shelved or canceled, or just a general proposal.

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Apartment owners near Las Vegas Strip sell to Caesars Entertainment

• Informative x 1
  15. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

This is a great find! Actually, in reference to your post, I can say that construction hadn’t started even before April 20th, because I was in that area for vacation for a whole week and I don’t recall any construction in the parking lot indicated via Google Maps whenever I would cross it to go to or from the Holiday Inn on S Koval Ln via Winnick Ave. Then again, I’m not that sure construction of this location would take any more than 3 months, because it’s usually the final permitting and hookup that extend the “construction” time. (Photo of the LINQ taken April 20th, by me) 341B9B81-1B69-4419-9659-FBDB2C00851D.jpeg

• Informative x 1
  16. DJung

DJung Member

#16 DJung, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Looks like there are more photos someone posted from ground level on Reddit.

Looks like they are indeed v3 Superchargers with the thin cables.

It also looks like there's a gate arm at the entrance, maybe will need a code to enter the lot. I could image a lot of people attempting to park their car here for free and ICEing the spots. The gate arm should hopefully mitigate the issue.

Link to full album

Credit to u/adjudicatedmonster on reddit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Love x 2
  17. MarcoRP

MarcoRP Mr. PlugShare

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Supporting Member

I agree. Not a fan of Bridger ave, but it was good when Tesla first started rolling out. Just not that convenient.

19. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Supporting Member

Heyyyyyy.. that's a GREAT idea? Maybe tie a gate into homelink?

• Like x 1
  20. Choochoosparky

Tesla just uploaded a video. CONFIRMED v3 charging!

• Like x 3
    • Love x 2
    • Informative x 1