TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV (Town Square)

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by Darmok, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Darmok

Darmok P5265 XP2065

Got word that a second Las Vegas SpC is in the works for Town Square, which is on Las Vegas Blvd. just north of Highway 215. That's what most people around here expected, as it's where Solar City has its offices. No timeline yet. This will be much more convenient than the downtown location for travel to and from California, and is about 10 miles closer to Barstow than the current downtown LV location. I suspect that Town Square will be heavily used by locals, as it is a popular shopping destination.

2. NTech

NTech Member

#2 NTech, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    One of the users of our SuperChargers for Tesla app (Superchargers For Tesla on the App Store) has just reported a brand new SuperCharger in Las Vegas.
    The user say this "Supercharger is under construction.... It is 10 stalls in Town Square near the Lazy Dog restaurant and it is currently under construction".
    Address:
    6509 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 2
  3. NTech

NTech Member

Can anyone nearby send in pics?
    Thx!

4. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Member

This would be far more convenient to the strip than the current location.

Fingers crossed.

• Disagree x 1
  5. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

#5 Zroiron, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    I went by the location today! There are 10 stalls. My guess is that it will be on line before Christmas....Its in a prime location backing up to Las Vegas Blvd at Sunset. There's a Flemings Steakhouse, a Lazy Dog Restaurant and a BoneFish Grill within easy walking distance.

I understand that Tesla is planning to add another set of Superchargers in Town Square later. (Definitely unconfirmed but it would not be a surprise if it happened!)

• Like x 2
  6. EVCarGUy

EVCarGUy Member

Thank God!

The existing one is a pain to get to and is in a damn sketchy area that I'd never consider visiting at night

• Funny x 2
  7. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

I wonder if this will be in addition to or if it will replace the existing one.

8. siromega

siromega New Member

Stopped by to take a picture. It's surrounded in chain link, green tarp. Took a picture through a hole in the tarp.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 3
    • Like x 3
  9. apgold777

apgold777 Member

Here's a picture I shot today. As others have reported, area is blocked off by a fence so hard to get a good shot. I also included a Google Map view showing exactly where it's located. This is a great location!!! IMG_20161125_135502.jpg TownSquareMapView.jpg

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 4
  10. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

I'd be shocked if they didn't close the one in downtown. That is the worst location (and most unsafe!) Supercharger I've ever encountered.

• Funny x 1
  11. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

That's a great location!

• Like x 2
  12. M0DEL J

M0DEL J New Member

According to supercharge.info there is construction on a 2nd Las Vegas SC at 6509 S Las Vegas Blvd.

13. MP3Mike

MP3Mike Active Member

You will see that they got that information from a thread here.

14. ProphetM

ProphetM Member

LOL, you guys are funny. I drop off my daughter right there every morning, for high school across the street. I've been there at night, too. It's not Town Square but it's fine, really. Downtown is gentrifying, and it's conveniently located for Fremont Street, the container park, and lots of new restaurants. I'm happy about the new location too, of course. More superchargers is better!

• Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I really do not understand why you would say that. I don't live in Vegas and have only v]used that Supercharger wife but it seemed fine to me.

16. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Member

Yes I hope they keep both! And I assume if they do that they will eventually be adding one near the 515/215 interchange as that would have the 3 major highway intersections covered. That being said, that interchange doesn't offer many great locations, so maybe just something on the 515 on the way towards Arizona (exit 59 possibly) or even just back in Henderson like Green Valley area, although that would be rather close to this one that is under construction.

It should also be noted that this supercharger is rather close to the LAS car rental terminal. Not sure if any company has ever tried renting electric cars, but I could see them trying it in a place like Vegas. Some company like Sixt maybe.

• Like x 1
  17. Zroiron

Zroiron Poodle Pack Leader

Couldn't agree more. I've been more uncomfortable at Barstow!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

Enterprise Exotic rents Teslas out in certain locations.

19. Teriyaki88

Teriyaki88 Member

Based on this chart, we shouldn't have any SC's in So Cal or NoCal.
    Sorry but I'll take ANY SC's, anywhere. Bring more online!!

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  20. rxlawdude

rxlawdude Member

Barstow didn't smell like urine last time I was there. Can't say that about the LV SprC.

• Like x 1