Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Blvd. South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, you guys are funny. I drop off my daughter right there every morning, for high school across the street. I've been there at night, too. It's not Town Square but it's fine, really. Downtown is gentrifying, and it's conveniently located for Fremont Street, the container park, and lots of new restaurants. I'm happy about the new location too, of course. More superchargers is better!
Right, because an isolated parking structure on a dicey street is safe. You're right about the Container park/mall in that there are some nice dining establishments in there. But walking to it from that parking structure is not that fun, and dodging the bag people and panhandlers even less.

Right, because an isolated parking structure on a dicey street is safe. You're right about the Container park/mall in that there are some nice dining establishments in there. But walking to it from that parking structure is not that fun, and dodging the bag people and panhandlers even less.

OMG poor people! There is a homeless population like in most major city downtowns, but it's not skid row and redevelopment has been shifting that population eastward for many years.

I'm just saying that it's not isolated and it's not really dicey, either. It's just downtown. The garage containing the chargers was built in 2004, and the apartments facing the entrance were built in 2003. A high school of 1700 students is directly across the street. I drop off my 16 year old daughter at that corner every day, and pick her up on the other side of the school (student parking) sometimes, after dark depending on the season, or she walks 3 blocks to the public bus, or a few blocks the other direction to an LGBTQ center. As in any highly populated area, she will of course be with a friend or two if she's out in the dark. I have parked on the street right near the chargers, at night, and walked to the container park and Fremont Street. And I'm not exactly built like a Marine. It's like 800 feet to Fremont. Yes, there is the occasional homeless person around. They're just people. :)

The accounts I have read about a couple of CA locations suffering from car break-ins is more distressing to me. Very unfortunate and I hope it doesn't become a widespread problem.

I've Supercharged at the Las Vegas Supercharger dozens of times since we have family nearby. Never felt unsafe.

The area is "mixed" with SRO housing, shopping, restaurants, hotels and tech business nearby.

Downtown area is definitely less toxic-tourist compare to the strip, but I love downtown and the Container Park Las Vegas (less than 1 block away) is the best thing in Las Vegas with live music 5-6 times per week, great restaurants, and playgrounds and foam blocks for kids to play with.

There is also half dozen security guards posted by the exits and throughout the container park.

I will definitely use the new Supercharger so I can skip Primm and use the downtown Supercharger when EatLV (next door to the Supercharger) is open for breakfast or brunch.

Reactions: ProphetM and KJD
I have been there multiple times and never had a problem.

Reactions: callmesam
Update (Sunday 03DEC2016) Looks like they are making great progress with the SC at Town Square. Adding some photos. (Gotta love the charcoal grill at the work site.) It looks like they are learning from the Barstow debacle and enclosing the electrical equipment in a cinderblock enclosure. I'm a local and won't be using the SC but they are in a great location. I hope they keep the SC Downtown as well. It has been interesting reading the varying opinions about the downtown location. It is all about personal perception. I get that most SCs are in more upscale retail/dining areas or at 2/3 star hotels near interstate exits, but the downtown Vegas SC is perfectly fine.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with progress until I leave town for a week and a half before Christmas.
Update (Sunday 03DEC2016) Looks like they are making great progress with the SC at Town Square. Adding some photos. I'm a local and won't be using the SC but they are in a great location. I hope they keep the SC Downtown as well. It has been interesting reading the varying opinions about the downtown location. It is all about personal perception. I get that most SCs are in more upscale retail/dining areas or at 2/3 star hotels near interstate exits, but the downtown Vegas SC is perfectly fine.

I'll try to keep this thread updated with progress until I leave town for a week and a half before Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_0457.JPG
    IMG_0457.JPG
    689.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0459.JPG
    IMG_0459.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    479.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 198
Just made my weekly check-in on the new Las Vegas SC at Town Square. The construction fence has been moved back closer to the actual SC units, so they must be getting closer. The electrical equipment is being enclosed by an attractive enclosure -- most certainly due to the shopping center's esthetic requirements.

My MX will be delivered in a week or so (just finished production yesterday), and while I am local so I won't be using this SC, it will be a great location for those who want and easy on/easy off of the I-15 with TONS of dining opportunities within walking distance.

I'll be headed out of town this week and back on Christmas, so I might not have another update for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    500 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0488.JPG
    IMG_0488.JPG
    665.7 KB · Views: 134
Just made my weekly check-in on the new Las Vegas SC at Town Square. The construction fence has been moved back closer to the actual SC units, so they must be getting closer. The electrical equipment is being enclosed by an attractive enclosure -- most certainly due to the shopping center's esthetic requirements.

My MX will be delivered in a week or so (just finished production yesterday), and while I am local so I won't be using this SC, it will be a great location for those who want and easy on/easy off of the I-15 with TONS of dining opportunities within walking distance.

I'll be headed out of town this week and back on Christmas, so I might not have another update for a while.
THANKS Jay MX for the update and pics.
Have a safe trip!