Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Las Vegas Blvd. South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys! Guess what? It's on!

Sweet buttery goodness! It's been a long wait, but definitely worth it! 10 more superchargers added to Vegas! Woot!
View attachment 217716
View attachment 217717

Just so you don't think I am BSin about it being lit up...
download_20170308_090937.jpg

Unfortunately this isn't my car.... It's a loaner while my Model X's awesome doors get looked at... :-/ but I am still glad to have the loaner and this Supercharger up! :D

So there are 2 SC locations in Las Vegas, separated by about 10 miles.... and not one in Arkansas or North Dakota...

Not sure how to interpret that... but it is what it is...

View attachment 217789

FWIW if you've been there lately, Vegas desperately needed the second charger. Last time I was there it was charging at 16 to 40kW and all but one stall was full. And I've already learned the hard way to only hang out there during daytime hours...

Reactions: EVCarGUy
FWIW if you've been there lately, Vegas desperately needed the second charger. Last time I was there it was charging at 16 to 40kW and all but one stall was full. And I've already learned the hard way to only hang out there during daytime hours...

No doubt Vegas is one busy city, with lots of traveling EVs.

My fear is when Model 3's hit the market, and Tesla agrees to charge other EV's for profit since nobody will invest in a similar charging network...that will really clog up the SC slots.

Driving from San Jose to Vegas???... that a long drive when flights must be pretty cheap!!!

Reactions: chillaban
No doubt Vegas is one busy city, with lots of traveling EVs.

My fear is when Model 3's hit the market, and Tesla agrees to charge other EV's for profit since nobody will invest in a similar charging network...that will really clog up the SC slots.

Driving from San Jose to Vegas???... that a long drive when flights must be pretty cheap!!!

It might sound crazy, but Autopilot makes that drive less painful compared to the fun of flying out of SJC/SFO, where it's so dominated by business travelers that as a non-status-holder I've never had a pleasant experience. Once a security line attendant ran after me with a tape measure to tell me my carry-on bag exceeded the number of linear inches allowed... *sigh*

I've made the Vegas road trip 6 times since getting my S70D last year, and if anything, I'm getting tired of Vegas, not road trips :)

• Funny
Reactions: RubberToe
Smart move. Congrats! Enjoy the "FREE" unlimited lifetime use of Supercharging! Sooooo nice, zero emissions, zero gas, zero electricity cost!
No. Please no. Don't plan on doing all of your charging at the supercharger. Just think about it for a moment: they're building (?) 8 charging stations, each can realistically take about 14 users during most days; if you charge at least weekly that mean you are using ~1% of the total availability of that charging location per week. So, it would be totally saturated with only 100 people like you - no where for people traveling thru to use. Even if there will be a total of 16 Supercharging stations total in LV (and connectors is the proper term), that still means 200 people can saturate the system. Please think about the rest of us. Please think about the time you will waste sitting on line waiting for a charge, rather than just plugging in at home (or work). Please, car about your time, and care about the rest of us.. PLEASE.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Dj B and Zroiron
@CSFTN, please note that @dtan398 was responding to a post made by @lvlifeguard about buying a Tesla before the unlimited Supercharging policy changed (see below) and was not advocating that local owners use Superchargers. (And this discussion should not be in a Supercharger location thread anyway)
yes, I got a new inventory one, for that very purpose ;-) I actually custom ordered one and put my $2,500 down before Jan. 1st to get the unlimited surpercharging, but it turned out I couldn't get financing for that one, so I started looking around for the new inventory models, and it worked out better cause not only did I get a discounted price for it being used, but I got the ventilated/perforated seats that they no longer make! In addition to the Autopilot 2.0/FSD and Unlimited Supercharging. I really wanted a 100D, but evidently you can't get a 100D with unlimited supercharging (only P100D, ordered before Jan. 1st), so I settled for a 90D instead. Definitely worth it :-D

Smart move. Congrats! Enjoy the "FREE" unlimited lifetime use of Supercharging! Sooooo nice, zero emissions, zero gas, zero electricity!

No. Please no. Don't plan on doing all of your charging at the supercharger. Just think about it for a moment: they're building (?) 8 charging stations, each can realistically take about 14 users during most days; if you charge at least weekly that mean you are using ~1% of the total availability of that charging location per week. So, it would be totally saturated with only 100 people like you - no where for people traveling thru to use. Even if there will be a total of 16 Supercharging stations total in LV (and connectors is the proper term), that still means 200 people can saturate the system. Please think about the rest of us. Please think about the time you will waste sitting on line waiting for a charge, rather than just plugging in at home (or work). Please, car about your time, and care about the rest of us.. PLEASE.

• Love
Reactions: callmesam
I think it is just a matter of time before Tesla tightens up on locals that use SC's near their home on a repeated basis. Regardless of the vehicle status to charge for free or for a fee, a fee may be instituted to deter abuse, or possibly a reduced charging speed.

This may get motivated especially if Tesla offers charging to non-Tesla vehicles for a revenue stream.

Now this can be circumvented by providing a false home address if it gets to that point, but if the address is based on the title of the vehicle, then that circumvention technique will be more of a fraudulent act.

I doubt this is a major issue given the current ownership of premium cars, but that may change with the release of the Model 3, especially for those that do not own their place of residence.

@CSFTN, please note that @dtan398 was responding to a post made by @lvlifeguard about buying a Tesla before the unlimited Supercharging policy changed (see below) and was not advocating that local owners use Superchargers. (And this discussion should not be in a Supercharger location thread anyway)

I think it is just a matter of time before Tesla tightens up on locals that use SC's near their home on a repeated basis. Regardless of the vehicle status to charge for free or for a fee, a fee may be instituted to deter abuse, or possibly a reduced charging speed.

This may get motivated especially if Tesla offers charging to non-Tesla vehicles for a revenue stream.

Now this can be circumvented by providing a false home address if it gets to that point, but if the address is based on the title of the vehicle, then that circumvention technique will be more of a fraudulent act.

I doubt this is a major issue given the current ownership of premium cars, but that may change with the release of the Model 3, especially for those that do not own their place of residence.
No, they're not. First off, they would have a difficult time of that legally, applying retroactive restrictions on existing cars that were bought when it was not restricted. But secondly, they already dealt with this in time. You refer to how this could become a problem with the Model 3, but did you forget that they already ended the free unlimited Supercharging? There are only the existing cars from 2012-2016 that have it that could be a problem. That is just not that many total vehicles, compared to the large number going forward. All the future vehicles will have to pay for use, so that will be the deterrent, and it won't be an issue.

I don't disagree with you, as "free lifetime" means what it says, and it's legally binding.
Prior letters sent to local abusers may have had some impact, perhaps not.
But I am sure Tesla can get frustrated with abusers, and there is no restriction from them to slow down charging rates as they see fit.
I doubt anyone else would care, perhaps except other owners waiting in line for the abusers to get their free trickle of charge.

Why can't people just be reasonable??