TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by airj1012, Dec 9, 2013.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

I just got word of the location of the Las Vegas, NV supercharger. The supercharger is currently under construction and is in a parking garage at the following address - 701 Bridger Ave Las Vegas, NV 89101. Is anyone in the area to provide any pictures or updates? Thanks.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/39ISdR
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

2. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Awesome, sounds like it's just about time for a Vegas trip. I guess there really won't be one in Primm now.

3. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

Is this for sure a public Supercharger? Or is it a private one just for the Downtown Project's fleet of 100 cars?

4. markb1

markb1 Active Member

I'd rather have one in Primm, which used to be on the map. My guess this Las Vegas supercharger has something to do with the Zappos CEO buying 100 Teslas. But it's on the map, so probably open to the public.

5. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

157 miles between this and Barstow, CA. Not bad.

6. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Depends. If your driving a 60, and the weather is cold, and you have a head wind, you are screwed.

7. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

Is this really under construction (pics please!!) or is it a planned location?

8. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

The person I spoke with said it was under construction. Unfortunately I don't live anywhere close to this location otherwise I would definitely scout it out. We have to have some TMC members in Vegas though, or someone on a business trip. Just need those in the area to see this thread!

Also from what I've heard the supercharger is supposed to be completed by January.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine that its public. That is a good note though. The location is only .6 miles away from the Zappos.com office.

9. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I read somewhere that the Downtown Project bought 100 Model S's...it seems logical that this could be the first private supercharger (ok, not really the first, but the first private sc not on Tesla property), especially b/c it's located directly in a major urban area.. I also heard a rumor that it was a single charger, not the typical bay of 6

10. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

The "Coming Soon" map has a dot right on Las Vegas - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

11. Lump

Lump Active Member

Primm would have been perfect especially if it was at the mall, is there anything to do around 701 Bridger Ave Las Vegas?

12. Mikial

Mikial Member

I am finding it very hard to believe that there would be an SC at that location. It is not a convenient location for highway access, and is in an area that is extremely sketchy at night.

This one just doesn't make sense to me...

13. markb1

markb1 Active Member

14. mcornwell

mcornwell Active Member

If it is in fact for the Zappos project, for all we know it may be the first private Supercharger, and not accessible by the public. That could explain the location which is not the typical one for a Supercharger.

15. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

The supercharger map has a dot right on Las Vegas. I think this would be a public charger. And there looks like there are ramps right there on N Las Vegas Blvd so you can get on and off the highway pretty easily (less than a mile).

16. Darmok

Darmok P5265 XP2065

There is nothing under construction at 701 Bridger. I heard from a TM person that there is a site downtown under construction, and I heard separately from Downtown Project guys that it would be at the Bridger building, but I walked through the garage yesterday and nothing is going on. It's possible that it's at the Zappo's parking garage at Stewart between 4th and Las Vegas Blvd., but the security at that garage is pretty tight. Not sure if I can get in there to check it out. Either spot would be decent, and the Bridger building is only a block from the newly opened container park.

The TM person did not know whether it would be a public station or just for the Downtown Project cars.

There supposedly will be more SCs in Las Vegas, perhaps as many as four of them, the downtown location and then others on the major roads out of town (toward L.A., PHX and SLC).

17. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

Get robbed is the only thing I can think of.

18. Darmok

Darmok P5265 XP2065

It's one block from the container park, two blocks from lots of new stuff on East Fremont, and about four blocks from the Fremont Street canopy.

19. Mikial

Mikial Member

One or two blocks makes a big difference in that area.... I can tell you that I wouldn't reccomend that any of you walk around alone at night there. It may be a much nicer area in a few years, but right now it is not.

20. Lou in SoCal

Lou in SoCal Member

I really hope that they put one in Primm. LV to Barstow in a 60kwh could be very difficult if the conditions are not right.