Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 237832
Three blocks over and 1 or two blocks up. Might be ok during the day, but at 8:00 PM at night, lile a weekday, pretty scary place to be. Esp when the streets are pretty dark too and one cars or anyone walking around.

Fremont Street does not stop at the edge of that big canopy over the Fremont Street Experience. So yes, as shown in your photo it is literally 2 blocks to Fremont Street, up 8th. And about 100 feet or so to the excellent Container Park once you get to Fremont. In your photo, that's the Container Park along the east side of 7th from Fremont to Carson, taking up half a square block. There are shops, restaurants, and a play area inside there, plus more stuff all along Fremont. From 5th to 8th is called Fremont East and it is bustling until late in the evening, especially the Container Park. I am familiar with the area since I live here, and drop my daughter off right next to the supercharger for school at LV Academy, at the bottom of your photo. If a 16 year old girl can walk with her friends from the superchargers to Fremont, at 5pm when it's getting dark (in the winter), I think you folks can brave it. ;)

Probably the sketchiest supercharger I’ve been to yet...

Hehe. Welcome to historic downtown Las Vegas.

Believe it or not, there are sketchier, but not by much. Here are a couple that come to mind:

Quartzsite, Arizona: The bar none, hands down winner for the stankiest restrooms and dirtiest restaurant adjacent an occasionally homeless-hosted and tumbleweed-ridden parking lot. Best experienced during a cold and windy night for the full effect.

Barstow, California: Remember that hole in the fencing through which those two geniuses slithered by to effect the one and only recorded SC carjacking in North America (they were caught a week later after crashing the Model S *into a gas station* the night they jacked it)? Well, the hole is still there and it’s just as dark as it used to be. Fortunately we’ve got Baker and Yermo now. So to Barstow now I can only say, and happily so... Bye, Felicia.

Manteca’s been a problem for some and there’s that one up in Montana that’s given people some pause. Country Club Estates southwest of Chicago has neither a country club nor estates within view, but at least you can see trouble coming from a long ways off.

Any others come to mind for a proper Top 5 o’ Sketchiness? Will have to give this more thought... will copy and paste into its own thread if more come to mind.

Believe it or not, there are sketchier, but not by much. Here are a couple that come to mind:

Quartzsite, Arizona: ...

Barstow, California: ...

Manteca’s been a problem for some... Country Club Estates southwest of Chicago ...

Any others come to mind for a proper Top 5 o’ Sketchiness? Will have to give this more thought... will copy and paste into its own thread if more come to mind.

Atascadero can be uncomfortable, especially when a number of police cruisers are gathered next door with blue lights flashing as they apprehend some questionable folks. Or maybe it is more uncomfortable when the police are NOT apprehending the questionable folks...

I've not been to Mobile, AL but there are plenty of comments from concerned users in that thread.

Atascadero can be uncomfortable, especially when a number of police cruisers are gathered next door with blue lights flashing as they apprehend some questionable folks. Or maybe it is more uncomfortable when the police are NOT apprehending the questionable folks...

I've not been to Mobile, AL but there are plenty of comments from concerned users in that thread.

Aha! Good catch re Atascadero - I forgot about the meth club that can gather behind the Denny’s adjacent that SC. Makes me appreciate dashcams all the more - especially since the Atascadero SC has a security camera perched high.

I’ve been trying to think of the sketchiest Southern SC - maybe it *was* Mobile. They tend to blend together after awhile.

I remember leaving Key West, and we overnighted near Miami in search of great Cuban food. Didn’t eat again until Louisiana and then of course since I-10 wasn’t done there was that hard right to detour hundreds of miles out of the way westbound.

I do remember some very tall, very large and well-lit roadside crosses in TX and OK. Definitely not in Kansas anymore there. As it were. But no sketchiness at SCs through that stretch. Will check my notes. May end up with a “Least Sketchy Top 5 SCs” as well.

MY own most memorable - for a given definition of that word - SpC experience so far was entering the Carl's Jr restrooms in Buckeye, AZ.

It is the only place in the world I ever have seen, or heard of, where the urinals are chained and padlocked to the walls.

Quartzsite, Arizona: The bar none, hands down winner for the stankiest restrooms and dirtiest restaurant adjacent an occasionally homeless-hosted and tumbleweed-ridden parking lot. Best experienced during a cold and windy night for the full effect.

Barstow, California: Remember that hole in the fencing through which those two geniuses slithered by to effect the one and only recorded SC carjacking in North America (they were caught a week later after crashing the Model S *into a gas station* the night they jacked it)? Well, the hole is still there and it’s just as dark as it used to be. Fortunately we’ve got Baker and Yermo now. So to Barstow now I can only say, and happily so... Bye, Felicia.

Manteca’s been a problem for some and there’s that one up in Montana that’s given people some pause. Country Club Estates southwest of Chicago has neither a country club nor estates within view, but at least you can see trouble coming from a long ways off.

I think the worst thing is that you not only have a bunch of shady characters wandering about, but there’s no obvious place for you to go pee...

I think I posted earlier in this thread, but I went and found the nearest public bathroom (at the time of night I was there which was like 10pm) at the Container Park and when I got there I found it blood-spattered with what was apparently a heroin injection gone wrong. Literally blood spray all over the entire bathroom lol.

I think I posted earlier in this thread, but I went and found the nearest public bathroom (at the time of night I was there which was like 10pm) at the Container Park and when I got there I found it blood-spattered with what was apparently a heroin injection gone wrong. Literally blood spray all over the entire bathroom lol.

That...is not very comforting to hear.

Is there any way to give tesla some feedback about his?

That...is not very comforting to hear.

Is there any way to give tesla some feedback about his?
It's not really a Tesla issue. I mean it's the nearest bathroom available at that hour, but it's at least a couple blocks away from the supercharger. I guess the issue for Tesla is that they (arguably) put the supercharger at a crappy location and that there isn't any closer option for bathrooms after hours.

But I have been at some superchargers that are much worse in this regard, including ones that have no bathroom options after hours, so I doubt it would be high on their list of priorities. Also, there is now a 2nd location in the LV metro area, so Tesla owners who are passing through have another option. I would definitely use the South Las Vegas supercharger if I were passing through after dark.

The Tesla.com fora have a well-maintained SC Tips document.

With that or a similar source, one can and probably should plan ahead in case a quick stop at a *twitch* gas station, hotel or restaurant becomes advisable *before* SCing at an underserved or extra-special location.

A double stop, sure.

For the preservation of, in part, domestic harmony along with one’s upholstery.

Came to this SC on 6-15-19; One supercharger nio; others only charged at 49kw when shared. Got "cannot not charge, check charging equipment" error after waiting and moving to another charger. Waited about 5 minutes and it started charging.

Agreed - not best location, but no worse than any other major metro downtown area. When checking the south SC location of vegas it was almost always fully during daylight hours.

Been a while since this thread was active I see lol. Would like to point out according to the Tesla Website it says this is a V2 (150kw) whereas the map still says V1. Not sure who's inaccurate, I'll be able to verify next month if necessary, but it's probably the TMC map so that should probably be updated.
1708379595438.png