Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - Bridger Ave.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More good progress in Las Vegas, guys are working their butts off. Lots of electrical conduit in, superchargers themselves are in, all pylons in.

a3ady2ub.jpg

usetudeh.jpg

CES, 2014 International CES, January 7-10, is tomorrow through Friday. Do you think they will have the LV Supercharger open for the show?

I doubt it. Even if they were done today, which will not be the case, it would probably take a few days to get a final inspection.

It's going to be a really cool setup, because it looks as though all of the equipment will be out in the open instead of behind fences. The conduit is up on the ceiling, exposed, instead of underground. It will be a good example of how these things are put together.

The foreman is a super nice guy. However, TM is not happy if they provide sensitive information that ends up on these forums, which is understandable. I don't think any of us would want to be the reason someone lost his job. I therefore will not be asking many questions and will only post pictures of what's out in the open and my best guesses as to remaining work based on my untrained eye.

I stopped by the Vegas site this morning, delivered some donuts and cookies. These guys are still working hard, probably about a dozen guys there today. The conduit and pylons all appear to be in, they were putting some transformers into the ground out in front of the site. No idea as to completion date but I don't think they could be going any faster. Here are a couple of pictures, first of the two stations on left as you drive into the garage, the second is in the area to the right with the other four. I can't get in too close, as it's a hard hat area and I don't want to get in their way.

002.JPG
003.JPG

I went by there on Monday and I couldn't figure out how to get in? 701 Bridger garage looked like private parking only?

thoughts?

You were on the west side of the building on 7th Street. The SC is on the east side off of 8th Street. There is a small ground level parking area where the SC is going and an underground visitor parking area. Look on Google Maps street view on 8th street just north of Birdger, looking west, and you'll see it. One of my original pictures shows that view as well.

You were on the west side of the building on 7th Street. The SC is on the east side off of 8th Street. There is a small ground level parking area where the SC is going and an underground visitor parking area. Look on Google Maps street view on 8th street just north of Birdger, looking west, and you'll see it. One of my original pictures shows that view as well.

Thanks! Doh

Note though that the sign above the down ramp says: Visitors Parking, 701 Bridger Avenue.

@Darmok - are the SC's in the ground level parking also considered 'visitors' parking then?

Previously it was handicap parking and short term visitor parking, along with a loading zone. The SCs take up the short term visitor parking. It should all be accessible to whomever. I don't know what sort of signage they'll have to discourage non Teslas from using the spaces. My best guess is that the building doesn't get enough transient traffic to suggest a significant ICEing problem.

You're correct about the address. The entire building is 701 East Bridger. I suppose the 8th Street address might work in some GPS devices, but it is not an actual address. Anyone looking for that number on the building won't find it.

Thanks for this description. I've added this site to Recargo ("coming soon") and it will then automatically flow over to Plugshare.

EV Charging Location - Tesla Superchargers - Las Vegas, NV

I normally wouldn't care that much about an SC site going in so far away from home for me, but I have friends at CES and I have been encouraging them to stop by here and see what an SC site looks like :)

Previously it was handicap parking and short term visitor parking, along with a loading zone. The SCs take up the short term visitor parking. It should all be accessible to whomever. I don't know what sort of signage they'll have to discourage non Teslas from using the spaces. My best guess is that the building doesn't get enough transient traffic to suggest a significant ICEing problem.

You're correct about the address. The entire building is 701 East Bridger. I suppose the 8th Street address might work in some GPS devices, but it is not an actual address. Anyone looking for that number on the building won't find it.

Page 7 has some good pictures and a map to see where the superchargers are actually located - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24924-Supercharger-Las-Vegas-NV/page7

Thanks for this description. I've added this site to Recargo ("coming soon") and it will then automatically flow over to Plugshare.

EV Charging Location - Tesla Superchargers - Las Vegas, NV

I normally wouldn't care that much about an SC site going in so far away from home for me, but I have friends at CES and I have been encouraging them to stop by here and see what an SC site looks like :)

I. Hoping next year I can road trip to CES in a model x! This year I'll make do with a rented Cruz :p

The transformer out front that they were working on yesterday appears to be in.

A couple of ambulances pulled up to the site a while ago, but my view is from the opposite side of the building so I can't quite tell what's going on. Hopefully nothing serious. The building itself has a medical office in it, so they possibly aren't even there in connection with the construction.

Thanks for the updates! Maybe we will see opening in a week? Definitely by Superbowl betting time!

I would certainly hope by the game, maybe even for the upcoming MLK day weekend. The timing likely will be dictated by inspections and the utility, as it appears they're wrapping things up (transformers in, supercharger boxes in, conduit in, charging stands in).

I hope to make it over there this evening after work, hopefully after the crew is gone to try to get some better pictures. It's awkward doing that when they're working because of the cramped area.