Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD (Fort Meade Rd)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Another Supercharger is coming to Laurel!! 8 stalls are under construction at the new Wawa at 9600 Fort Meade Rd, on the northern edge of PG county.

An inspection is shown on the permit and an 811 dig ticket was filed by CNB 2 weeks ago. @Lanny

Laurel.jpg
Laurel Dig.jpg

Permit found on Friday, Construction 20% completed by Saturday... now that's some speed! ⚡

Good Maps isn't even up to date, it shows the old Bank of America building and not the Wawa gas station, I wonder how the in-car google maps is going to respond to routing to this location.

I think this will be a good location for people traveling through the area. Kontera for those traveling 95, this site for those using 295 and Laurel Lakes (in the middle of the two) can handle overflow if needed. Granted, Laurel Lake is V2, but it still gives some options.

Permit found on Friday, Construction 20% completed by Saturday... now that's some speed! ⚡

Good Maps isn't even up to date, it shows the old Bank of America building and not the Wawa gas station, I wonder how the in-car google maps is going to respond to routing to this location.
I wouldn't be surprised if maps is updated by the time this goes live.

This one now shows up on the map as a wrench icon.. It says reduced service.
So, I used this one today. It was about on par (speed wise) for what I get at the Laurel town centre location. One other driver was trying to use the stall next to the one where I was plugged in and said it wasn't working. They have the non functional stalls taped up, so not sure why that particular one wasn't working.

I am curious about how anyone is supposed to access the stall near the stop sign (without blocking the entry/exit or another stall) 🤷‍♂️