Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunday night, 22:30. Lots of people "loitering", coming out or going to the movies. Half of the lights in the garage are off, one especially over the first few stalls. No power to the superchargers, no numbers on the stalls, the plastic panels are not permanently screwed on, most screws are missing. The brushed stainless steel poles on the stalls still have the white protective film on. The last stall, furthest from the superchargers has been hit most likely by someone who backed into it, the pole is bent and even the concrete pad is cracked.
The supercharger cabinets are open as as seen from the staircase leading to the garage second level, easy to throw garbage down on them in the enclosure.
Seems like there already are some issues with this site and the eventual resolution may take a while. They may not impede the opening, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    373.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    432.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    285.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 91
We're getting awfully close to the previously updated July 31st decommission date for Bethesda! Any updates on Laurel or Bethesda?
Last night the cones were still there, the meter was still reading zero so no power has ever been drawn by the system. A few days ago I saw I guy emerge from the locked area where the chargers are and he used a key to lock the door behind him so it seems like he had some official involvement. I asked if he had any guess when it would be active and he said he really didn't know. He seemed to not want to talk so I didn't press for anything more.

Any update on the status of this SC?

Being a Marylander I'll be honest PG county is hell hole with high crime throughout. Plan on passing through and not staying.

There is a great deal around town center. Strange they would put in in a dangerous parking garage instead of outside near all the chain restaurants.

Maybe that code for "There are a bunch of black people there."

My son and his wife lived in Laurel for three years. They never had any issues with crime.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mknac and Austral
Yes, the Montgomery Mall location is going away. There's been a notice posted for a couple of months now, first saying that they were being decommissioned on June 30th, then July 31st. Not sure what it says now! It was always intended to be a temporary location, and I'd guess that the mall may be pressuring them to get it out of there too.

I was at the mall yesterday (31st) and the SC was still working, and the notice that was taped up was no longer there.
I hope they keep it too, but from what others have said, it is going to be removed. I'm assuming they just got tired of changing the date on the sign. I hope they at least leave a few HPWCs in their place, as there are only 2 HPWCs there now for about 8 or 9 spaces.

I was at the mall yesterday (31st) and the SC was still working, and the notice that was taped up was no longer there.
I hope they keep it too, but from what others have said, it is going to be removed. I'm assuming they just got tired of changing the date on the sign. I hope they at least leave a few HPWCs in their place, as there are only 2 HPWCs there now for about 8 or 9 spaces.

Yeah, I was tempted to swing through on the way back from Pearmund yesterday just to see if 1) The Montgomery Mall supercharger had been decommissioned or B) The Laurel one had come online.

It wasn't meant to be, though due to traffic. The nav decided that going the southern arc of the beltway was faster and my friends needed to get back home to let the dog out.

I also hope that they expand the HPWC set at Montgomery Mall. Only used that area once though and managed to snag the supercharger...

Let me see....I used to live in Laurel...I moved out when my neighbor's (4) house had a drive by shootings. The lighting at the first floor of the parking garage is dimly lit (two energy efficient LED lights). the section 8/project housing is behind the "new fancy" pedestrian mall in the front. Stalls are still "coned off" as of noon today with 00000 on the BGE meter. Stalls require you to pull in cone first to a wall, an ideal way for someone to block and jack. Many hiding places for baddies. Check out the police blotter, it is not a BIG town, but has high crime. Expand to PG county for some real fun.

Directions from the current app are not close to being optimal/correct. take RT198 from either NB/SB. take a right on 4th street (3 blocks after the Shell station) make a left on Greenville Rd. two level garage on your right...far right corner on first (DARK) level.

And no...its not "a code", it's about bad people that are predatory and criminal. Again, just look at the PUBLISHED police blotter.

And don't forget, when driving a tesla you are a target for two reasons,
A) Richie rich in an expensive car
B) you can't just bolt when you are plugged in.

I won't be charging at laurel in the middle of the night, but hey look at the plus side, this supercharger will not be crowded. LOL.
They should have expanded the Montgomery mall location.

Reactions: Mknac