Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for all the early testers - how did Tesla nav do on getting you there? and which route did you take?

Tesla nav does a pretty poor job. rt216 from south isn't bad (two speed cameras around the school&Library.)

I Live right around here. Best bet from either north or south Rt95 is 198, right on 4th street. No speed cameras.

Getting on 198 going north is a little tricky. you take the rt200/contee exit, and stay to your left then take the first 198 exit to laurel.
(...great place for a high speed run on the exit...:)

The SC is 3.7 miles out of your way and will take at least 6 minutes with all the lights and stops with ZERO traffic.

• Informative
Reactions: CatB
I think 4th Street is one way (the wrong way) at 198. I think you need to turn onto 5th street and then make a left on Montrose, then right on 4th.
4th is two ways going from 198 (coming from 95) to the superchargers. It is one way away from the superchargers on the other side of 198. If you come from the BW parkway via 198 you can't turn left on 4th towards the superchargers, but if you if you're coming from 95 you can.

I stopped by this afternoon and met quite a few people there. I charged in stall 1A, reached 94kW (with 38% battery at start) - 8.0 now reports supercharging in mph and kW, but not amps (didn't see volts either if I remember right). Talking to some of the others there it seems that 3A, 3B, 4A and unlabeled were not working. All were lit up. I think I'll be there to meet and talk tomorrow too.

Charging successfully. There are two other cars charging as as well.

Nice to meet you DiamondDave.

Nice meeting you and the little lady @Venkat !

By the time I left there was only one other car charging and Venkat pulled in. I should have hung around and met some of the other five owners. I figured Tesla owners would be having Buffalo Wings and/or Beer but I don't think any were there. (OK, one was there!)

Last edited:
As an aside - I stopped by the Tesla store in Montgomery Mall today.. They just got 8.0, so I was able to see it and get a better feel for it (don't have it yet). If I'm able to be at Laurel tomorrow, I'm sure I will have another opportunity as well. They also aren't sure when the SuC is being turned down.