Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any locals have a suggested best option?

Depends on what you like. My opinions:

I'll third the two recommendations of Nando's. I haven't been to the one in Laurel but I've been to the downtown Silver Spring location several times.

Mission BBQ is good and pretty quick.

I like customizing my pizza at Blaze and it's pretty quick.

I like Buffalo Wings and Beer, it's basically a sports bar. There's a reasonable beer selection. If you eat there it will probably be around an hour.

I was there yesterday, had a great time meeting everyone. Did anyone happen to note which chargers were not working ? Did anyone send a notification to Tesla? I was the unfortunate S that the charger cable would not release from the car (2A, I think). Thanks for the assistance in getting the cable to release.

Numbers 3B and 4B dead.. I called these into SuperCharger Support. They did not know about 3B but they did have a ticket on 4B.

I think you are correct about it being 2A that would not release. Did not speak to them about that as I did not know about it at the time :)

I proposed the new Clarksburg Outlets as an SC location would be great; its right off Rt270...have not heard anything back.
Funny, a week ago I drove past the outlets - first time I had noticed them - and idly wondered if Tesla was considering the location for superchargers. Same management as Hagerstown (Simon). Good location for I-270 travelers, but not great from a network perspective -- I think it's too far from DC to be considered an urban charger, and it's not terribly close to intersections with other major highways (495, 370, 70). Having said that, I still think any supercharger location is a good supercharger location; it's best to maximize flexibility.

As for BJ's, I haven't been to the one in Laurel but I generally get decent food and service at the Tysons location. I suspect they're not well equipped to handle large parties. Sounds like there are plenty of other good options in Laurel though!

As a Laurel resident I'm embarrassingly excited to have Teslas roaming around here every day now. Was creeping by the other day and took this photo :p. I don't mean to clog this thread up with spam, as I've posted this before a few weeks back, but... if anyone reading this would be around and willing to show some friends of mine the glory of a Tesla on Oct. 14th or 15th, PM me. As per my previous post in this thread with such a request, an amazingly cool Tesla owner gave me a fantastic ride a few weeks back (if you're reading this, MANY thanks again), and I have some friends visiting me in a few weekends that have yet to see why I'm so in love with these cars. I'll also try my luck for an 'official' drive via the Tesla stores... just would love for my friends to experience them too!

Attachments

• IMG_4639.JPG
    IMG_4639.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: ggnykk
Was that a white MS
I charged at 4B today. It peaked at 95kW. I just did it to see if 4B was fixed. I noticed someone taped the cable on 2A (the one that won't release from the car) so you can't use it without removing the tape. Im guessing it wasn't Tesla that did that.

I also used 4B around 6:45. Got around the same 95kW. Place was a hopping. At least 4 others there when I arrived. Two more by the time I left about 20 mins later.