Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a separate threat but no response so figured I try here since this has tesla family folks in the area I am.... you can PM your suggestion please

Reaching out to my tesla family for suggestions on where can I get my wheels powder coated in maryland/DC area. Any suggestions or tips on how to get them done?lessons learned from your experience that I should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance for your help

Just getting around to pulling the logs on the failed charge attempt at Laurel charger 4A. Went from 13% SOC to all of 23% -- 25 miles in 25 minutes.

Did they fix it yet?

upload_2016-11-20_8-1-0.png

upload_2016-11-20_8-1-45.png

upload_2016-11-20_8-2-17.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Austral
Issues with 4A on 4/15 .. it started to charge, but then said charging interrupted. I came back, had to unplug/replug, but then decided to just move the car to another spot.
This is issue has existed ever since this supercharger location opened and after this stall was fixed after being knocked by someone backing into it. Tesla has been notified multiple times about it by multiple people.

Someone backed into it? Damn! I wonder what will it take for Tesla to actually fix this, a fire perhaps?
On a different note, this supercharger location was pretty damned full on the weekend. I am honestly worried about how the superchargers will scale once model 3 is on the roads. Many of us won't have the patience to wait 45 mins to charge.

Someone backed into it? Damn! I wonder what will it take for Tesla to actually fix this, a fire perhaps?
On a different note, this supercharger location was pretty damned full on the weekend. I am honestly worried about how the superchargers will scale once model 3 is on the roads. Many of us won't have the patience to wait 45 mins to charge.

Was full withe Tesla's charging or ICEd?

Wow, @realvvk Philly to Ft Myers?

I'd like to Harrisburg, PA to Key West, FL this fall / oct/nov area. Anything I should know?

Not really. Should be no issue. The trip was very easy for us because of autopilot, which takes a lot of effort out of this type of long distance driving. I have also done that drive to Key West in my BMW 550i a couple of years ago on Thanksgiving. Really enjoyed it! Highly recommend Bahia Honda State Park on Big Pine Key, especially if the weather is warm and sunny. Also Everglades, especially if you go with young kids. Route 1 is beautiful in the Keys, such a scenic and relaxing drive!

If you are looking for places to break up the trip, we stopped at Stone Mountain Park in Atlanta on our way back from Key West. It was nice, especially with little kids.

I charged there yesterday around 10:30 am. I was the only car there. The whole place was deserted, since it was Easter.

Out of all Superchargers on my trip (Philly <-> Ft Myers) Laurel was by far the least convenient. It is just way too far from I-95. I will avoid using it on future trips.

It is a bit out of the way for sure. I used nav to get back on 95, and it literally took me through houses to get back to 95 LOL.
Anyway, I definitely think it depends on the day. But a nice weekend when everyone is on the road, including you, it does get quite busy.
I really wish they would consider bringing a supercharger to the 270/495 interchange.