Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laurel, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update Thursday September 22nd 12 noon edt.

Two contractors on site. 480 volt (I assume) cabinet open and cables being fed. See pix..
20160922_120722.jpg

Attachments

• 20160914_204559.jpg
    20160914_204559.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 55
:confused::confused::confused:
Original contractor, this is 48 volt right? Current contractor, nope 480 volt. Amazing what difference a zero can make on the wiring.

More likely -- Original contractor, this is 40 Amp right?(Just like every other EV charger out there) Current contractor, nope 400 Amp. Amazing what difference a zero can make on the wiring.

Nice that any issues with the site wiring, whatever they are, are being caught and fix prior to going live, a delay now is nothing compared to the danger to both people and public perception if there are electrical fires during charging.

No matter the delay, I am looking forward to this being open soon. From where I live, once this SC is open about the only places I would like to see one that do not have one are...

• I-80 west of Bloomsburg toward the Ohio Turnpike (2 locations please)
  • Something along the 17/86 corridor west of Binghamton, such as Corning
  • Portland, ME area
  • A couple along Interstate 79 in West Virginia
  • And finish off I-95 beyond Bangor with some SC's in the Maritimes.
Thank you!

I think the band-aid repairs they made has relegated this SC to the bush leagues. I'm guessing the "boost transformers" are limited to 70 kVA. Still, better than nothing.
Everything here looks normal to me. Everyone is showing up with fairly full batteries, so you would not see higher charge rates. Someone needs to show up with 30 miles of charge left to see if they get the full 330 amps you should see on an empty battery.