Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laval, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Laval and Mascouche show open while Mont Tremblant isn't there yet
IMG_0302.JPG
IMG_0305.JPG

This is for my car's map.

... finally, Quebec is complete. Laughing at you Ontario ...

The next five Superchargers to open in Eastern Canada will probably be in Ontario. Then it will be a total of ON 19 QC 10. Ontario has also received most of the Federal funding for CHAdeMO/CCS expansion. (Though QC probably has more CHAdeMO/CCS compatible vehicles).

I don't see what there is to laugh about.

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4
I'm here now. "Urban" supercharging in cold weather is not the best, especially for this location with nothing being open at 9:30 on a Saturday night. It takes a good 3-5kW to keep the car and battery warm at these temperatures (-22°C). My net charging rate for most of the session prior to tapering was about 67kW.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
The cables are likely to be frozen. We had the same problem at the Saint-Jovite Supercharger which is why we had to park diagonally.

He's well aware that the cold is causing the rigid cables. The only question is if the issue is worse at the new "urban" sites. The other ones in the North seem to mainly be in heated garages, so Laval is the test.

Anyway, ICE vehicles were lined up about 10-feet off the pedestals today, so only two of the twenty Supercharger stalls were available without someone being boxed-in. When there are no visible lines in the Winter Carrefour Laval is going to have to put up fencing.

were you parked indoors before going to charge @rypalmer ? You You Xue the Model 3 road trip guy has been charging extremely slowly on superchargers but has been parking outdoors overnight i'd assume.
Lol nope.. we started driving from Fredericton at 9am. The day ended in Ottawa after 1,000km in 16.5hrs. Challenging drive.

Lol nope.. we started driving from Fredericton at 9am. The day ended in Ottawa after 1,000km in 16.5hrs. Challenging drive.
hmm you'd think both you and You You (lmao) would be building up heat in the pack as you drive. seems like his charging is much slower. he's mentioned getting (dunno how many kw) 100km in 1 1/2 hrs at superchargers even though he's driving all day.

Last edited:
hmm you'd think both you and You You (lmao) would be building up heat in the pack as you drive. seems like his charging is much slower. he's mentioned getting (dunno how many kw) 100km in 1 1/2 hrs at superchargers even though he's driving all day.
Can confirm my pack arrived chilled at most stops even after highway driving. The worst was it only taking 29kW in Woodstock. I should have pre-heated for more than an hour Saturday morning. All other fast charging sessions ramped up fast enough.

Not sure if he'd be using rated range in that case. I gained rated range as fast as usual.

If that is not too intrusive, could you explain the routes that you took for the travel?
Did you stayed in Quebec or went through the US?
Stayed in Canada. I didn't have my passport on me so it was the only option.

We charged in:
- Woodstock NB (Beardsley) 34 mins
- Edmundston NB 48 mins
- Riviere du loup SC 33 mins
- Levis SC 27 mins
- Drummondville SC 22 mins
- Laval SC 43 mins
- Destination charged in Ottawa.

The drive was made slower due to consumption and poor traction/visibility. Door to door on Saturday 16.5 hrs.

I'm here now. "Urban" supercharging in cold weather is not the best, especially for this location with nothing being open at 9:30 on a Saturday night. It takes a good 3-5kW to keep the car and battery warm at these temperatures (-22°C). My net charging rate for most of the session prior to tapering was about 67kW.
@rypalmer, do you have a white Model S? I was there at that time too. There were 2 people in that white Model S that pulled in around 9:45PM.

I waved at you guys while driving away, but had I known that was you I would have stopped to shake hands!

I did a range charge on that one with a mostly cold-soaked battery so I started from 22kW, ramped up briefly to 60kW, then by the time charge was completed and balancing was done, battery was pretty much back to cold.

I am pretty pleased to report though that with 20,000km on the counter, my original 100% being at 478km, I was able to cram a healthy 472km in the battery for a degradation to date of 1.25%. Looks to be better than many other 90's out there.

Reactions: Falkirk
Also worth noting - the Urban cables are extra difficult to maneuver at -22. Not sure if worse than regular Superchargers but pretty tough.
I thought that as well. I kinda bent the cable into a shape before even trying to plug it in, I was worried I might damage the charge port if the cable was constantly pressuring the port sideways from being too stiff.