Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laval, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cover for 8A is broken.

Attachments

• IMG_20180110_085452.jpg
    IMG_20180110_085452.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 179
Saw this two weeks ago at the Laval Supercharger. Two Coop Taxi Teslas were parked at the Laval Supercharger, and yes, I said parked because only one of them was charging! I’m wondering why these taxi drivers are using Superchargers when they have their own CCS/ CHAdeMO fast chargers (8) around Laval which were installed late last year. I thought the fast chargers (like the one one at Complexe Sportif Guimond, PIC 3) were installed mainly for these taxis, but are there just Teslas in this fleet?

I can recall the rule that businesses (taxis/Uber/delivery) were not entitled to Supercharge for free. Is that rule still in place or has it been changed?
DD128183-CCAE-43C8-8B41-D612D0228FE9.jpeg
3F9DD696-802A-483D-A81F-909A85FD1B42.jpeg
1BFB3ECF-2799-429A-A9B3-BCB998311201.jpeg

I think Tesla made a rule about commercial businesses getting FREE supercharging at some point within the last 2-3 years, but certain businesses got grandfathered in. You should see the Kelowna supercharger late at night :)

This is now considered a "High Usage" supercharger station and has been for some time. It automatically sets the charge limit to 80% when you plug in, but you can raise it if you need to. Often gets very busy during popular shopping times, and I sometimes see non-tesla EVs parking there and blocking the stalls. Once I even saw a plug-in Prius driver try to plug the supercharger into his car.

• Funny
Reactions: malou