Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lawrence, KS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GleanerC

Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2014
Kansas
There was a picture posted today to the “Tesla Owners Club of Kansas City and Tesla Enthusiasts“ Facebook page showing a new supercharger station under construction at the Lawrence I-70 rest stop. Looks to be 12 pedestals, they are still under coverings along with the cabinets. It’s to the west end of the rest area close to the water tower.

Makes me wonder if the Eldorado Supercharger will be installed at the Towanda rest stop?

There was a picture posted today to the “Tesla Owners Club of Kansas City and Tesla Enthusiasts“ Facebook page showing a new supercharger station under construction at the Lawrence I-70 rest stop. Looks to be 12 pedestals, they are still under coverings along with the cabinets. It’s to the west end of the rest area close to the water tower.

Makes me wonder if the Eldorado Supercharger will be installed at the Towanda rest stop?

The turnpike authority refers to them as Service Areas so Lawrence Service Area, KS, maybe?

285318293_10160045999265816_6428199035332979816_n.jpg

Last year I traveled across i-70 a few times. And just for grins I used the chademo at the Lawrence service area, it was super cheap, and I was hungry (decent options nearby)

Two birds, one scone.

I'm hoping this is up and running in a few weeks when I pass through there again, this time with a CCS Adapter in tow.

Last year I traveled across i-70 a few times. And just for grins I used the chademo at the Lawrence service area, it was super cheap, and I was hungry (decent options nearby)
Two birds, one scone.
I'm hoping this is up and running in a few weeks when I pass through there again, this time with a CCS Adapter in tow.
Yes the Chargepoint charger is really cheap according to Plugshare. I travel across this section frequently, family in Salina. I was shocked to see 0.14/kwh, that is only slightly higher than what I pay in my garage at home. probably a third of what Tesla charges. I think I am going to have to find one of the CCS adapters!

Reactions: ambudriver03
That appears to be the commissioning team. If so, they could be live as soon as this evening.
Unless someone reports that they are still down, I plan to drive up to Lawrence tomorrow (Thursday) to check. Anyone in the Supercharger Hunt will want to do the same to share the “first” for this location.

Edit: I’ll also check for updates to the other locations on the Kansas Turnpike and post updates in those threads.