Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be headed through on Monday. Last Wednesday looked similar to before except all conduit for the Tesla side has been stubbed up.
456DADE1-CB5A-4017-B165-A16B6033BE74.jpeg
42546DEB-BF6E-4D06-98A1-7D6237D99A87.jpeg

Lol, I can use about 235 rated in my P85... in good weather. Normally use around 220 due to traffic conditions. Of course that’s not trying for range, or with a trailer. furthest I can really do is to the Petaluma SC. This charger will be nice for a quick stop to get to Petaluma on occasion vs ukiah which takes a few minutes more to get to and from

(FYI, the specific gravity of platinum is 21.45 and the current price is $834/oz. So a million dollars worth of platinum weighs about 75 lbs and has a volume of a little over 1.5 liters. Unless it's deployed as a drogue parachute or something, it won't impact your range noticeably, although you might be able to measure it if you work at it)

I tried it on a very windy, very rainy, just barely above freezing night in my 85D from about 85% charge. By the time I got to Garberville it was obvious I wasn't going to make it, even with my best hypermileing, so I went back to Eureka. With 100% charge or better weather I might have made it, but you don't always get to choose.

-Snortybart-slow....

(FYI, the specific gravity of platinum is 21.45 and the current price is $834/oz. So a million dollars worth of platinum weighs about 75 lbs

Is not platinum like all precious metals weighed in pounds troy? $834(12) = $10,008. Ten grand per pound would be 100 pounds of platinum for a million bucks?

Or am I missing something with all the grains and other standards that confuse some of when trying to equate avoirdupois with troy?

Reactions: chateauoaks
IMG_7862.JPG
Sunday evening update: All the needed Tesla hardware appears to have arrived. I recognize three distribution cabinets, 4 superchargers, 4 buck-boost transformers (one for each supercharger), 8 precast bollard bases, four bollard boxes (containing 2 bollards each), and a grey thingie I can't identify (on the right in the photo). All consistent with an 8 x 120 kW supercharger site. No concrete poured around the stubbed conduit yet. @JimVandegriff is right. Not likely to be up and running this month. But it's on its way at last.

View attachment 385132 Sunday evening update: All the needed Tesla hardware appears to have arrived. I recognize three distribution cabinets, 4 superchargers, 4 buck-boost transformers (one for each supercharger), 8 precast bollard bases, four bollard boxes (containing 2 bollards each), and a grey thingie I can't identify (on the right in the photo). All consistent with an 8 x 120 kW supercharger site. No concrete poured around the stubbed conduit yet. @JimVandegriff is right. Not likely to be up and running this month. But it's on its way at last.
OR, could it be 8 x V3 chargers?, do they need substantially different transformer arrangements? Tesla is saying that all new superchargers will be V3 instead of V2 but not sure when that date would start and I'm sure they will keep installing the urban chargers so...?

I will be headed through on Monday. Last Wednesday looked similar to before except all conduit for the Tesla side has been stubbed up.View attachment 380674View attachment 380675
Thanks for posting those pics! I can't wait to use laytonville from the Bay area instead of Ukiah. This will get me all the way to crescent City when going up the coast. The superchargers in eureka are just too close to the highway. Easy prey for smash-and-grab when your car is usually full of goodies.

Thanks for posting those pics! I can't wait to use laytonville from the Bay area instead of Ukiah. This will get me all the way to crescent City when going up the coast. The superchargers in eureka are just too close to the highway. Easy prey for smash-and-grab when your car is usually full of goodies.
The mall in Eureka has pretty significant security whom I've seen patrolling the Tesla superchargers on a regular basis. I have not heard any reports of smash and grab at the superchargers in Eureka, but admittedly have heard of smash and grab at the winter holiday times in the mall parking lot. I would not be overly concerned about this, having frequently used this location for charging.