Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Laytonville, CA (LIVE Jun 28, 2019, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since Laytonville is far north of SF, it is on "101", not on "the 101". I grew up in both SoCal (16 years) and NorCal (5 years) so I've used both styles and in fact I still do, depending on where I am.

As you head north on US 101, kindly deposit your "the" in the receptacle provided at the northbound Camp Roberts rest area, north of Paso Robles. From there it will be ferried by maintenance crews to the southbound rest area, where you can pick it up from a "the" dispenser on your way back to SoCal. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

Reject the Darkness, come back to the Light...and Rubio's fish tacos. Surf's up at Wind and Sea.

Perhaps taking the road less traveled is in order here.

As one would to get to Laytonville...
Branscomb or Bell springs? ... just be 'careful' out there

and to all the southerners please don't use 'the' with 101 up here, it is disrespectful of the pretty part of 101 that does not have the traffic
which is what I assume the means when you put it in front of a highway number.

Moderator note: any further posts discussing the use of the word “the” before a freeway number will be moved to this thread
The use of “the” before a freeway number

That topic has nothing to do with California Superchargers or with Tesla. So posts about it will be moved to that thread in “the” Off Topic forum. ;)

Thank you.

Any sign of activity in Laytonville? I was hoping to use it the week after next, but it looks like I'm out of luck.

-Snortybartfast
I don't think there is any chance of it being ready

I'll probably be driving past the area on Wednesday and if I see anything has happened there, will update here. I doubt it though, it it raining + there was nothing happening yet as of Xmas day. 2 weeks most likely isn't enough time to go from nothing to complete

Thanks, now I understand. :) And yes, 101 is certainly not a freeway in that section.

Really hoping that this Supercharger site comes online soon, it is needed for those of us who tow trailers and want to get from the Bay Area to Eureka and points north.

It really would be nice just for traveling between Ukiah and Eureka at a decent speed in cold, wind or rain (with an '85'). I'd prefer not to need a 98-100% charge each time I travel. I manage to use 220-230 mi on a normal run between Ukiah and Eureka.

It really would be nice just for traveling between Ukiah and Eureka at a decent speed in cold, wind or rain (with an '85'). I'd prefer not to need a 98-100% charge each time I travel. I manage to use 220-230 mi on a normal run between Ukiah and Eureka.

That's my experience too (also an 85). If it's windy, cold and wet, it's closer to 250. There are surprisingly few alternative places to charge listed on plugshare and my friends are all too far from Eureka to make it without a stop. And there is always a risk of something bad happening...like a road construction detour.

Garberville, for example, seems to me like exactly the sort of community that ought to be chock full of places to charge. Apart from Marinas, I think the most expensive gasoline I ever bought in north america was there. You'd think some head shop or knickknack shop would see a great opportunity to gouge nervous EV drivers. But no.

-Snortybartfast.

Despite the relative proximity to a Tesla haven such as the Bay Area, I remember getting a lot of attention in these parts when I drove my Model S through a year and a half ago. In Ferndale, CA, locals were taking pictures of my car parked on the street, and even in more urban settings such as Arcata, I got a lot of comments and questions. It's possible that there just aren't that many EV drivers in this part of the country.

Despite the relative proximity to a Tesla haven such as the Bay Area, I remember getting a lot of attention in these parts when I drove my Model S through a year and a half ago. In Ferndale, CA, locals were taking pictures of my car parked on the street, and even in more urban settings such as Arcata, I got a lot of comments and questions. It's possible that there just aren't that many EV drivers in this part of the country.
there have been at least a dozen S that I've known about since '13. Id'd guess at least 50 S/X in the Arcata/Eureka/Fortuna area now and a few model 3, probably more & lots of Leaves too.

Between Eureka and The Bay area, before there were any superchargers, I used to always charge at the Benbow. They remodeled last year and I haven't been there for a couple of years but I'd assume they still have charger/s. It was one of the locations they built specifically for a roadster owner 'back in the day'