Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA (LIVE Jul 2018, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my Model S over for the weekend to escape the Seattle rain and they had all hands on deck working the new SC site on Saturday. It would be brilliant to have the SC's operational before 4th of July holiday, but I have seen where new sites look completed and fully operational but sit for another 3-6 weeks waiting for ?? before they go live. It's a great location, just on the way in/out of town and easy to walk the town or down to river while topping up. Could be a serious cluster F@#$ getting in/out with how busy Hwy 2 can be on the weekend and holidays. Leavenworth has always been a gamble for EV's with only a few Level 2's and a single CHAdeMO.

Attachments

• lev_super.jpg
    lev_super.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 130
Took my Model S over for the weekend to escape the Seattle rain and they had all hands on deck working the new SC site on Saturday. It would be brilliant to have the SC's operational before 4th of July holiday, but I have seen where new sites look completed and fully operational but sit for another 3-6 weeks waiting for ?? before they go live. It's a great location, just on the way in/out of town and easy to walk the town or down to river while topping up. Could be a serious cluster F@#$ getting in/out with how busy Hwy 2 can be on the weekend and holidays. Leavenworth has always been a gamble for EV's with only a few Level 2's and a single CHAdeMO.
Thanks for the update. Pic doesn’t show up though

This spot is the right place! Leavenworth is popular tourist spot in Cascade mountain area.

But whenever I drive from Monroe SC to Leavenworth, it made me anxious to go back without charging due to remained battery - it barely makes round trip. (I'm driving X 75D)
it's only 160 miles of round trip, but in mountain + winter condition makes actual range worse.

So I needed to detour a little bit for make some peace. (I went to Ellensburg SC and went cross Snoqualmie Pass)

16 stalls, all back-in. Definitely access from hwy 2 and Front St, probable from Dan's Food Market but too early to tell. No driveway access to McDonald's next door but an easy walk.

Still awaiting paving and landscaping, as well as a transformer and meter. Can't tell if there will be protection (fence) around the equipment or extra lighting.
IMG_20180617_102351.jpg
IMG_20180617_102207.jpg

Passed through this evening. All is as BerTX reported. Talked to the folks at Dan's Market. Sounds like the 16 stalls will take up the western edge of their parking lot. Well-stocked market, by the way. Deli counter and coffee/bakery during the day.

This phase of construction went fast. We'll see how long the utility transformer takes...I don't know how much notice the local utility needed. It will sit on the concrete vault in the third photo. Great location for crossing the Cascades on US 2. IMHO strolling around (and dining in) Leavenworth is worth the detour off US 97 (round trip of 8.8 mi, 12 minutes) for north-south travelers.
IMG_6971.JPG
IMG_6972.JPG
IMG_6973.JPG