Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lee, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't get your hopes up - Eversource hasn't been too expeditious in hooking them up. Hooksett took almost 4 weeks from "construction looks done" to the site going live. Granted, that included Christmas and New Year's, but...

image.jpeg

From Friday, 7/29. Electricians were wiring the cabinets. I couldn't tell if the transformer was there yet, as everything was under tarps. Next week to complete the work sounds reasonable, but then there's the variable wait to get it turned on.

This will be a super convenient stop from the pike, especially after they take the toll booths out. It's a longish walk to the Outlet mall, but you can always drop your shoppers off while you go snag some electrons.

Reactions: SureValla
As of this afternoon, the installation is just about complete. The fence has been removed and, according to a workman, they're awaiting one transformer (several are installed). See attached picture. No information about when it will be operational.

Attachments

• Tesla.Lee.Supercharger.080516.jpg
    Tesla.Lee.Supercharger.080516.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Informative
As of this afternoon, the installation is just about complete. The fence has been removed and, according to a workman, they're awaiting one transformer (several are installed). See attached picture. No information about when it will be operational.

Yup, looks like they just need _the_ transformer. The photo shows the 4 Supercharger cabinets and the green distribution cabinet. But the transformer for connecting to the grid is needed, plus its meter, and then Tesla needs to test.

• Informative
The new Lee Mass Supercharger will open up the Western Half of Mass and lower Vermont. What a great event for us! Recently on a trip from Southern CT up to Pittsfield, MA I was able to round trip that drive without a charge. However, in the winter, we go up to Southern VT and this certainly will be a welcome facility to recharge and have plenty of extra range while up there.

The Tesla experience keeps getting Better and Better!

My wife phoned yesterday to say that the superchargers are up in Lee, Massachusetts. Fortunately for us, we live just a couple miles away, and she drives by on her way to and from work. Here's a photo. I charged there last night, so I can confirm that it is operational, although it did not appear on my map in the vehicle.

My battery was at 50% and it charged with 350 v and 300 A.

lee supercharger.jpg