Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lee, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We were just there while attending Tanglewood. It's definitely operational and both Saturday and Sunday afternoon around 4 to 5 we were the only Tesla there. This was the final Tanglewood concert for the season, so I expected there to be other Teslas charging, but there weren't. BTW, if you are at all into classical music, make an effort to see Andris Nelsons conducting, he is really brings out the best of the BSO.

The Big Y actually has some decent ready to eat food offerings and a restroom. There doesn't seem to be any place to sit down though except your car.

Reactions: Ron_M3
Went to Tanglewood for the Raiders of the Lost Ark concert Friday evening. This SC is right off of the Mass Pike, Exit 2. Arrived with 30 miles of range and left with 250 miles. 1/4 mile walk (with sidewalks) to the Lee outlets where we found a food court with plenty of seating. this SC location is truly a gem for Tanglewood visitors.

Went to Tanglewood for the Raiders of the Lost Ark concert Friday evening. This SC is right off of the Mass Pike, Exit 2. Arrived with 30 miles of range and left with 250 miles. 1/4 mile walk (with sidewalks) to the Lee outlets where we found a food court with plenty of seating. this SC location is truly a gem for Tanglewood visitors.

hmmm... i thought there were tables at the front of the store looking into the parking lot, perhaps just a persistent hallucination i'm having. in any case, really want to support the BigY if possible for their roof-full of PV and EV charger installations.

Reactions: RiverBrick
hmmm... i thought there were tables at the front of the store looking into the parking lot, perhaps just a persistent hallucination i'm having. in any case, really want to support the BigY if possible for their roof-full of PV and EV charger installations.
Not when we were there, but there was an open air market like setup of local produce in the front. Perhaps that was taking up the space. Totally agree on supporting Big Y.

1) be careful pulling out of the charging stations, especially if using the face-first charger closest to the xformers. some drivers enter the lot at maximum-plaid and take hard left in front of the chargers.

2) nice seating area near check-out at BigY, not being used for other purposes this time. holy cow this is a much more pleasant experience than Albany SC in my opinion.

3 weeks ago today was the first report of Lee being operational.
It is still not in navigation or the Tesla website.

I went there yesterday but was not 100% sure if it would have been open.
Made sure I had at least 40 miles of range left on arrival, just enough to make W. Springfield in case it was not open.
All was good but why is Tesla keeping this a secret?

I suspect there's some kind of administrivia involved.

When we were en route to Lee, we called in to ask about it because it didn't show up on the supercharger list. The support guy said "it's not officially open, but, um, I can see that someone's actively charging there right now!"

• Informative
Reactions: SureValla
Can someone say... V4 Upgrade? Coming before the conservation commission March 20th - not sure if it's already gone through any other reviews yet, or would need to undergo a planning board review. I assume yes on the later. This is a perfect v2 site to upgrade to v4 as it's right off the Mass Pike and is a great location to charge all EVs.

This would be a complete V2 site removal followed by installation of new equipment.

To be clear - this is not an approved project - presumably it will go through but only time will tell.

"Pursuant to Massachusetts General Laws Chapter 131, Section 40, notice is hereby given that a public meeting of the Lee Conservation Commission will be held in the Meeting Room of the Lee Town Hall, 32 Main Street on Wednesday, March 20, 2024 at 7:00 PM on the Request for Determination of Applicability filed by Scott Austin for removal of the existing Tesla Electric Vehicle Supercharger Station and installation of a new Tesla V4 Supercharger Station at 10 Pleasant Street, Map 25 Lot 7. The public is welcomed and encouraged to attend. Kathleen Arment Lee Conservation Commission Ad# 83078 03/12/2024"