Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the moment, stalls 3A, 3B, 4A, 4B are not working. 5B appears to get the highest rate. 1 and 2 work but don’t seem to go higher than about 50kw
I just left 1. I was at 60 something kw while there was someone next to me. They left and I jumped to 72. 3 still did not work. An added plus, this SC is not communicating with Tesla yet it seems. My model 3 got 23 free kwh

Reactions: Torelli
Just left the Leesburg SC after charging for a few minutes. Unfortunately it looks like we are still getting billed even though nothing showed up on the screen in the car.

49B9E747-83CD-4AE8-A191-0552A4317683.png
l

• Informative
Reactions: DFibRL8R
Got charged as well last night. Also thanks to the guy (matte black 3 w/ blue calipers) that vacated the first spot closest to the cabinets and let me know which stalls were working.

For anyone who cares, the charge was $0.21/kWh - and also odd thing - it didn't auto bill my credit card, I had to manually pay it in my account. Not sure what the deal was with that...

Anyways, it was difficult to find which garage to park in, but the answer is 2C. So "Garage C" on the 2nd floor for those that this information means something to.

• Informative
Reactions: Torelli and mociaf9
I was the one charging when Reddy Kolowatt was there. I started charging at 5:02 PM using stall 1B and I got to 70KWh and 300mph at the fastest point.

I had 126 miles of range when I got there and added 189 miles of range to go up to 315 miles in 53 minutes. I was charges 21 cents per KWh.

Chargers are in one of the parking structures at the Village at Leesburg. If you exit 7 onto Crosstrail Blvd and turn right on Russell Branch Pkwy SE, don't turn into to go to Wegman's - continue to Balch Drive SE and turn right there then make a left onto Village Market Blvd SE and then take a left at Tupper Way SE. It will dead end at the entrance to the garage. Enter the garage and turn to the right to go up the ramp to Level 2 - the charges will be where you have to turn left and left to go up to the next level.
SuperchargerLeesburgMap.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: YYZ-IAD and mociaf9
You can save yourself a few left turns and a bit of traffic by passing Balch Drive and turning in at Red Hawk Lane.

View attachment 432613

This is the best way, I come from the south and have to run up make a U turn then follow Big Earl's route.

Does Tesla formally announce the opening of the sites, outside of just adding the site to the map? I honestly never thought about it. I know the TMC groups does there get togethers. One would think they spend this kinda money doing a build out, you would think they would do a little advertising. I go up and find the main turned on and send out a message? That's your grand opening message???

Guess they like the internet Buzz............

Well now we get to wait for the Tesla tech to drive out reset all the sub breakers and check out the site, then Tesla will add the pin?

Well had I known I would have had the 75D X towing. Like tes1aowner I can't make it North until This site and Fredrick go live without some serious hypermiling. I have to make it to Harrisburg and recharge. Once there I can go anywhere towing.

Nice to meet you David.

This is the best way, I come from the south and have to run up make a U turn then follow Big Earl's route.

Does Tesla formally announce the opening of the sites, outside of just adding the site to the map? I honestly never thought about it. I know the TMC groups does there get togethers. One would think they spend this kinda money doing a build out, you would think they would do a little advertising. I go up and find the main turned on and send out a message? That's your grand opening message???

Guess they like the internet Buzz............

Well now we get to wait for the Tesla tech to drive out reset all the sub breakers and check out the site, then Tesla will add the pin?

Well had I known I would have had the 75D X towing. Like tes1aowner I can't make it North until This site and Fredrick go live without some serious hypermiling. I have to make it to Harrisburg and recharge. Once there I can go anywhere towing.

Nice to meet you David.
Tesla stopped doing formal and official openings many years ago. Only in very rare circumstances will they participate in any opening. For instance, they did come to the Custer opening two years ago but it is very very rare. Any celebration has to be self-organized by the community.

I can confirm that 5b is working at 72kWh and it’s not billing the card, not sure why!. Station 3 and 4 are not working at all.
I can confirm that 1 is billing the card even though it does not show on the vehicles screen. On a side note this was awesome this morning. Five model 3s in a cluster on the Dulles toll road around 7am.
1563845268138763269095530482444.jpg