Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AAF02308-2725-430C-BD70-41612519A6FD.jpeg
We got paint and workers! Setting meter and prepping pad.

Amazing that Dominion takes so long.

Yep they as well as every other bureaucracy how slow thing can be. In this case until Tesla's contractor completes EVERYTHING, there not doing any field work. They will talk and plan with you. If you set a date and cancel your going back to the end of the line. Which is what happened here. they were supposed to complete in March. Even then they go in a rigid pattern of B wont start until A is approved and paid for.

They will drive you NUTS.

Someone just pointed me to this thread--sorry for the duplication--but I heard rumors about a new SuperCharger coming to the Leesburg VA so I spent a little time today looking around the parking lots near the Wegman's (on Route 7 at Crosstrail Blvd SE, Leesburg, VA 20175).
BEC_4841.jpg

The 10-station SuperCharger is in fact located on the second floor of a parking garage, the entry to which is at the corner of Red Hawk and Tupper Way in the general shopping area, down toward the end with the movie theater. There were no Teslas nor other cars parked at the chargers.

As I was not driving my Tesla, I could not verify if these SuperChargers are functional. This station does not yet appear on my SuperCharger map, but it certainly looks like it is hooked up and ready to go. I'll go back with my Tesla and verify it's working.
BEC_4848.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Driving to Herndon in a few weeks and would love this to be done since it looks like its the closest super charger near by friends home. Man the DC area coverage with super chargers kind of sucks. I see a bunch that are listed as future sites.

It’s expanded significantly recently. Back in the day it was just Woodbridge and Hagerstown.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Wow, I'm really out of the loop on this! Last I recall was the Lucketts, VA gas station rumor/plan. Great to see the progress since I last looked into this -- almost done! I drove by this morning just for fun, same state as previously reported (as expected).

FWIW I think it would have made more sense to put some non-urban Superchargers near the 7/15/267 interchange, e.g. at the new Walmart or nearby there, right off the new exit from 267 would have been perfect for this. Maybe in the future! But these urban ones will suffice -- glad to have them!