Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leesburg, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations! Maine is a wonderful place. Will you be offering destination charging to your guests?

(Sorry for straying off topic)
Short answer is yes, though the property currently doesn’t; just two blocks from the supercharger.
We want to add solar so the DCs may have to wait for that project.
Already have some Tesla travelers booked so we can work something out.
See my signature for shameless plug.

I don't know that we will be the "first", but we've already made reservations at James Place Inn for late in this year. I've already let @Half Dollar Bill know. So if any of the rest of you want to get there "first", I'll simply say "go for it."

I used to do a lot of work in that area (shipyard in Bath, Maine) so am somewhat familiar with the area. Used to stay at another Inn, but will do my best to stay here with another Tesla brethren.

BTW, Maine Beer Company is located in Freeport, Maine. They have some absolutely amazing brews. I've been purchasing their beers at a local Northern Virginia shop for some time now. I was able to visit the brewery late last fall.

The transformer pad was delivered today. A workman said it would be operational in about a week, but Dominion Energy has to install the transformer first. I talk to Dominion and they don't work in manholes if it's going to rain. So July 1st is possible.

Transformer Pad.jpg

The transformer pad was delivered today. A workman said it would be operational in about a week, but Dominion Energy has to install the transformer first. I talk to Dominion and they don't work in manholes if it's going to rain. So July 1st is possible.

View attachment 421321

Please keep us posted with pictures, I’m out of town for a couple weeks. July 1 will be close. At least we are moving now

As a local who parks in that garage a lot, there shouldn't be too much of a problem with ICEing of the spots, unless someone is really trying to be malicious. That garage doesn't get heavy use - theater-goers park elsewhere, and Wegmans is at the other end of the shopping center. Especially not on the back side of any of the upper decks - when I'm there (mid-day, mostly Fridays), I almost always park right on the first floor ramp going up. And there are separate garage areas for residents.

This location will be a big draw for Villages, taking some business away from Landsdowne Town Center (no chargers I'm aware of) and One Loudoun (7 free Volta chargers - almost always full). I'm thrilled to see this getting completed.

Reactions: DFibRL8R
93424657-DA4B-455E-B6E0-87CE9096E002.jpeg
A8A23E4F-3AD9-413D-A2B8-BDAB5712F3EF.jpeg
I went by last night and looked around. We’re ready for the site to finish. I couldn't tell by Barry F’s picture what cables were pulled. There ALL pulled and the conduit was run to the manhole in one shot. Like Springfield look for them to set the transformer and splice up the cables and power them up, in the same manor First they will set the transformer and hang the cables out and torcher us for the week letting them sit there. Given the holiday week we may not get the final move splicing and turning it on. Metering will also happen.

Just don’t know if they get that outage or not? Will Dominion knock it out? Will Tesla show up and commission it? Stay tuned to next weeks episode......same Bat time, same Bat Channel.

Guess my crystal ball should have said the week of July 1st.