Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leominster, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On a positive note getting back on RT 2 going eastbound is very easy and certainly much closer then getting to the SC from RT 2.

For those not from the area, if you're coming from the West, getting off at Exit 32 is perfectly fine. If you're coming from the East, or up 190, thanks to the layout of Exit 32, sometimes it's easier to take Exit 33/Leominster Connector/Mechanic Street. It's pretty much the "back way"

On this map, the path from Exit 32 to the SC is in Blue. From Exit 33/Leominster Connector/Mechanic Street is in red.

While the blue line looks shorter, you have to take a left from a stop sign at the end of the off-ramp, then wait through 3 lights.

Coming the "red" way, you encounter 2 stop lights, but the second one allows right-on-red.

LeominsterSC.PNG

This location makes trips to Wachusett viable from the east coast. You can get pretty close not to making a round trip back, especially when consumption climbs to 500Wh/mi in the snow. Although frankly Chelmsford area would have been better.

I second the idea for SC at Chelmsford. There is a rest stop on both sides of 495 and this would be perfect. Badly need one on 495 based on the Tesla's I see in this area and I am always cautious if I will make home from long trips.

Reactions: Snow Drift
You beat me to it! I also stopped by today. Too bad we were not there at the same time. There was a coffee cup sitting on the concrete that I would swear was there when I last stopped by several weeks ago. I took some pics, but they look just like what was last posted.

Just stopped by tonight. Some small progress made but at least work has definitely started again. Tried taking pictures but too dark. Lets just hope there won't be any more lengthy delays.

Not going to overly speculate....but it's possible this crew was pulled to put the Urban Superchargers in the Pru.

I have no evidence to back that up, other than the work stoppage in Leominster, its geographic proximity to Boston (closest SC in-progress at the moment), and the (possible) resumption of work in Leominster a week later......

Progress looks very promising now.
For those who don't know I am having the largest EV event in New England in Shrewsbury, MA at Hebert Candy Mansion THIS SATURDAY from 10am to 3pm. OVER 60 vehicles showing up representing at least 12 different types of EV's. Live music, vendors, awesome candy at the candy mansion !!! Hope to see you there ! People are welcome any time to stay as long as you like.

Reactions: Nikxice
definite movement. also stopped at a convenience store and saw someone in a Tesla sweatshirt, hopefully, the onsite person that will sign off once the electricians are done. a bit surprised by this much electrical equipment if it is in fact for the supercharges. But I'm hoping it is close to a final step.

Didn't think to interrupt anyone and ask for an ETA.

2017-10-02 07.46.53.jpg
2017-10-02 07.46.49.jpg

Reactions: Bokonon
With that many NationalGrid trucks in one place it's probably not related to the SC install. They are likely staging for some other job or just getting lunch. Looks like both the main transformer and inverter boxes are installed though.

well it was like 8AM, so wasn't lunch, but I was kind of thinking they might use manpower, but wouldn't need that many heavy trucks to get the job done (just can't picture what they would be doing that they would need that many). Later in the day not much had changed. looked like some forms up for concrete pour perhaps:
2017-10-02 15.11.36.jpg

well it was like 8AM, so wasn't lunch, but I was kind of thinking they might use manpower, but wouldn't need that many heavy trucks to get the job done (just can't picture what they would be doing that they would need that many). Later in the day not much had changed. looked like some forms up for concrete pour perhaps: View attachment 251425

Maybe it was a training opportunity, since there aren't many Superchargers in NG's MA service area.