Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Leavenworth, WA (LIVE Jul 2018, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Find Us | Tesla

Now it's officially on Tesla website!
(with removing former marker at Wenatchee)

Yup, and it’s in the car map too. It took a month for Lynwood to show up - this one popped up in a few days!

4972C675-7535-42BC-A49C-D88D9ADBFAD3.jpeg

Last night I started charging on unit 3A and as I was getting about 96 kW, got my bike out and rode over to the brewpub and ordered dinner. As I sat down to eat I checked the Tesla App on my phone and saw that I was getting only 2 kW. Restarted by phone several times and it would jump to 96 kW but then drop back down to 2 kW each time. Ended up riding back Dans and switching over to 5A and that worked fine. Can anyone tell me the best way to contact Tesla so I can report a situation that they might want to monitor?

Find Us | Tesla

Now it's officially on Tesla website!
(with removing former marker at Wenatchee)
I was a bit shocked when I was speaking to an older couple from California at the Ritzville charger on Monday. We were on our way back to Bellevue from Spokane and they said they were thinking about going through Leavenworth on their way to Port Angeles. I asked if he was sure it was open. He said it was on the nav screen. Had to check for myself! Haha!

Happy to see this one added!

Used the Leavenworth SC on Friday morning on our way to Gamble Sands golf course for a guy’s golf weekend. It was empty except for us, so we had breakfast at McDs and then we bought some items from Dans to support the vendor! (Spoiler: it was mostly alcohol.)

On the way home this Sunday, there were three cars charging. Didn’t need to top up to make it home so skipped it, but it was SO MUCH EASIER than last year when I had to drive to Bridgeport to charge up before leaving Gamble Sands in order to make it home. The SC gave me enough juice so that I could trickle charge at Gamble Sands.

As a somewhat related aside, Gamble Sands, for all it’s great features, refuses to install a destination charger. The general manager there is just obstinate and feels offering their 120V plugs for 2-3 mph is sufficient. It’s patently stupid. But the Leavenworth SC made it much better this year, so thanks again to Tesla for building out the network! GREAT LOCATION!

Reactions: Big Earl
Well... after much excitement and anticipation for my first trip to our Leavenworth Supercharger, my trepidation that I would find it ICE'd was unfounded. I arrived at noon on Friday to find one other X charging (See pic). Noon on a Friday, in my experience, is peak time for this little gem of a city. This visit was as expected... no parking in town (apparently, as I wasn't looking for parking, per se), and the main street was jammed with traffic.

Turning into Dan's lot and finding only one other Tesla there was quite the relief!

IMG_3016.jpg

ReX charged at an average of 310 mi/hr, and I was topped off just as I finished my (limited) libations and nosh at the local brewery. Very pleasant experience. I went into Dan's and purchased many items for our trip, as I like to make it worthwhile to the owner of the lot - and show my appreciation. Very nice folks behind the counters! Dan's is HUGE! I always thought it was a little convenience store with a small choke-n-puke for deep fried items... but I was wrong! It's a pretty large store, with most everything you would need.

I used my 296 miles after Friday's charge to roam around Chelan and the surrounding country. The following Tuesday, we departed Chelan for our trip back to Seattle. We arrived back at Leavenworth with 49 RM! (I know how to plan a trip!).

Much to my surprise, after finding such a perfect scenario on the previous Friday, I found 15 of the 16 stalls blocked! (See other pic)

IMG_3018.jpg

This was quite the surprise. Tuesday is a MUCH slower time in Leavenworth, so I expected to be pert-near the only Tesla charging!

I parked next to the "Stupidroo" that was ICE'ing the end spot. I was ready for a bit of a 'muted' confrontation (I was with family that were outwardly stressed about the situation, so I didn't want to add to their stress).

However, I am glad I didn't go off half-cocked on this group. One of the gentlemen came over as we were getting plugged in and offered his apologies. He said they were just stopping for some quick supplies, and there were no Teslas there - and being mid-day/mid-week, they figured it wouldn't be a prob as long as someone was with their vehicles 'just in case'.

I asked that they be sure to offer to move if another Tesla showed up, and they said that was their plan. I've hauled my share of larger 'rigs', and sometimes you just need to find an 'area' and go for it. This was all they were doing, and I understood. When I got back from walking to town for 'linner', they were all gone. It was just myself and another Tesla... Except the Stupidroo... not sure what that person's issue is. There were plenty of other spots that were non-EV. If not for my family with me, I would have called that ICE-hole in!

Lesson learned: Don't jump to conclusions when you see apparent ICE'ing. Sometimes, they may just be grabbing something quick, and were hoping no Tesla's show up. This was the case here. No need to get my undies in a bunch over a non-issue.