Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by just a few minutes ago:
AB31191A-C212-4E6F-AB05-A721D32A218F.jpeg
1CCCD309-C761-46DD-81D5-9D9CCB55289F.jpeg
082FB5E4-4C78-4EDE-BB02-27A7823F3526.jpeg
F76C42E7-3AC7-4113-B8E7-54A1CBD0C484.jpeg
D194E5BC-CCB8-4260-87FE-79EC0C2E413C.jpeg

It's a shame they're not off by themselves instead of in the WAWA parking lot. I hope they don't get ICED. Fortunately, people don't stay at WAWA's too long.

I don’t think they’ll get iced, at least not long. What is more likely is Tesla owners walking to the nearby outlet stores and not moving their car when it’s done charging.

I don’t think they’ll get iced, at least not long. What is more likely is Tesla owners walking to the nearby outlet stores and not moving their car when it’s done charging.
That's precisely the sort of behavior Tesla's idle fees are intended to prevent, or at least reduce, right? I'd be surprised if anyone does that, and shocked if anyone does it more than once.
In addition, Google Maps says it's a 25-minute walk from the supercharger to the outlets. Even if we're generous and say 20, I think it's beyond the range of "convenient to walk to while charging" for a lot of people. And unless you're charging from low levels to 100%, you'd hardly be able to get any shopping done before the car is done charging, if you factor in the round-trip walk.

Having said that, I was eyeing the various eating establishments that are closer to the supercharger for a potential future trip...

Yeah, there are a ton of food options on coastal highway.

The outlets may be further down than I remembered, but there is other shopping nearby. I was there for a few days and was driving back and forth. The way the lights are situated forces you to make U-turns all the time. It throws off your situational awareness.

The current intersection into/out of the WaWa is a ZOO during the summer. I hope they can create a new exit to the highway on the south side of the WaWa. There are a couple of stores on the north side of the WaWa but not much in the general area. Most of the shopping is south of the WaWa. The bowling alley, couple of minutes walk, has a nice restaurant.

Reactions: madodel
The current intersection into/out of the WaWa is a ZOO during the summer. I hope they can create a new exit to the highway on the south side of the WaWa. There are a couple of stores on the north side of the WaWa but not much in the general area. Most of the shopping is south of the WaWa. The bowling alley, couple of minutes walk, has a nice restaurant.

There will be another entrance south of the WaWa by that large sign that is going in near the substation expansion. It was part of the plan when they were approved for the substation expansion to help with traffic into the bowling alley area etc.