Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any word on Rehobeth, DE Supercharger? I'm going to see about contacting someone at the city offices to see if I can get any tips/info on location/status...

I was down in Bethany beach all week. Took a ride up to rehoboth to shop at the outlets and had my eyes open for construction but didn't find anything. The whole damn Tanger outlet center is a construction zone, but nothing that indicated Tesla was involved.

I received the following from the Planning and Zoning manager, I called the location and they did not indicate having any chargers or construction going on, so this may still be preliminary. We need some area scouts to hit this site up, I'll actually be going down to Bethany in a couple weeks and may have to check to see if anything started. If there's someone in the area that wants to scout this one out, GO FOR IT and post any status on here!

--
A Tesla charging station has been proposed at the WaWa located off Dartmouth Drive in Lewes, DE. The plan was reviewed in May and the coordinating company was informed no further permits were required. I have no further information regarding this project.

Regards

Jennifer Walls
Planning and Zoning Manager
Sussex County
2 The Circle
PO Box 417
Georgetown, DE 19947

302-855-7878
--

WaWa
17663 Dartmouth Dr.
Lewes, DE 19958
(302) 645-5637

wawa.png

I received the following from the Planning and Zoning manager, I called the location and they did not indicate having any chargers or construction going on, so this may still be preliminary. We need some area scouts to hit this site up, I'll actually be going down to Bethany in a couple weeks and may have to check to see if anything started. If there's someone in the area that wants to scout this one out, GO FOR IT and post any status on here!

--
A Tesla charging station has been proposed at the WaWa located off Dartmouth Drive in Lewes, DE. The plan was reviewed in May and the coordinating company was informed no further permits were required. I have no further information regarding this project.

Regards

Jennifer Walls
Planning and Zoning Manager
Sussex County
2 The Circle
PO Box 417
Georgetown, DE 19947

302-855-7878
--

WaWa
17663 Dartmouth Dr.
Lewes, DE 19958
(302) 645-5637

View attachment 235451
The Cape Gazette just published an article about a public Tesla charger coming to Lewes very soon.
Check this article out. Lewes sets locations for electric car charging stations

The Cape Gazette just published an article about a public Tesla charger coming to Lewes very soon.
Check this article out. Lewes sets locations for electric car charging stations

That seems to be destination chargers, I really really hope that's not what they were talking about for the WaWa location. They weren't very specific and I can understand how an uninformed person may just associate de From the Google image it looks like it's right next to a small substation so getting power should be pretty easy... I wonder if there are other WaWa sites getting superchargers just like Sheetz...hmmm...

That seems to be destination chargers, I really really hope that's not what they were talking about for the WaWa location. They weren't very specific and I can understand how an uninformed person may just associate de From the Google image it looks like it's right next to a small substation so getting power should be pretty easy... I wonder if there are other WaWa sites getting superchargers just like Sheetz...hmmm...
The destination charging stations in Lewes are open. @Thinkje and I used them on Monday.

Lewes, Delaware Opens Free Public Charging Stations

View attachment 235464
just used the destination charger in Lewes Beach. Was great ran max 48 amp (I do have a 72amp charger in the car). Found it difficult to locate but used plug share and no issue from there. Surprisingly it's not listed under tesla website of destination chargers. Had great meal in lewes and bought a picture in art gallery there. Funny but great advertising for Lewes Beach. Liked it there so much we may go there instead of rohobeth next year

just used the destination charger in Lewes Beach. Was great ran max 48 amp (I do have a 72amp charger in the car). Found it difficult to locate but used plug share and no issue from there. Surprisingly it's not listed under tesla website of destination chargers. Had great meal in lewes and bought a picture in art gallery there. Funny but great advertising for Lewes Beach. Liked it there so much we may go there instead of rohobeth next year

Did you get a chance to swing by the WaWa to see if anything is going on there?

Now listed on tesla destination chargers site. Actually two separate locations (both free) in lewes beach

Watching the 811 Dig site like a hawk, this could be totally unrelated but maybe it's prep to feed the site?

--
Ticket No: 172050784

Original Call Date: 07/24/17 02:51 pm
Response Due By: 07/27/17 07:00 am

Type of Work: INSTALLATION OF CONCRETE FOUNDATION AND ELECTRIC CONDUIT
Work Being Done For: DELMARVA POWER

Extent of Work:MARK INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE FENCE FRONT OF THE PROPERTY AND RIGHT SIDE OF THE PROPERTY AS FACING FROM THE FENCE
--

If I'm understanding right and facing the property is from Coastal highway then right side would be the WaWa side...

IMG_2473.JPG IMG_2474.jpg

No signs of anything being done, (trees were cut back from the fence by the substation area), marked or any other clues thus far. Plenty of room if they wanted to build out a nice dedicated lot however or expand the existing lot. So no confirmation this is the site yet. Hopefully we will have some locals that can keep an eye out, in the meantime I will keep my eye on the Miss Utility site.

I was down there a couple of months ago and couldn't find where the Supercharger would go. I ended up charger FREE at the Tanger Outlets. There are two FREE chargers at Surfside Park, but they weren't working. It's free to charge but you have to pay a meter for parking. It's free after midnight, so I was hoping to charge overnight. It would be nice to charge at a Supercharger - quick, free, and easy!

Watching the 811 Dig site like a hawk, this could be totally unrelated but maybe it's prep to feed the site?

--
Ticket No: 172050784

Original Call Date: 07/24/17 02:51 pm
Response Due By: 07/27/17 07:00 am

Type of Work: INSTALLATION OF CONCRETE FOUNDATION AND ELECTRIC CONDUIT
Work Being Done For: DELMARVA POWER

Extent of Work:MARK INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE FENCE FRONT OF THE PROPERTY AND RIGHT SIDE OF THE PROPERTY AS FACING FROM THE FENCE
--

If I'm understanding right and facing the property is from Coastal highway then right side would be the WaWa side...

Here is a picture from Del dots traffic camera. Shows silt fence around most of that lot on the south side of Wawa. If it's a supercharger station, it's going to be a big one. Sorry for the quality of the picture. I'll be down there next week. I'll get better pictures and if there is anyone working there I will stop in and ask.

Attachments

• IMG_2605.PNG
    IMG_2605.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 96
IMG_3192.PNG
Here is a picture from Del dots traffic camera. Shows silt fence around most of that lot on the south side of Wawa. If it's a supercharger station, it's going to be a big one. Sorry for the quality of the picture. I'll be down there next week. I'll get better pictures and if there is anyone working there I will stop in and ask.

My guess is 12 stations. From Tesla.com - find us.

Ah, excellent! A camera to remotely monitor the site! AWESOME! That silt fence was not in place when I took my last pictures on Saturday the 29th. The back lot right by the substation would actually be a decent spot as it's away from the main area so less likely to be used by the general public vs. in the WaWa parking lot. The fenced in area is a retaining pond.