Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still digging, but found this which may be what is going on at the substation and perhaps the silt fence area:

C/U #2073 Delmarva Power and Light Company – an Ordinance to grant a Conditional Use of land in a C-1 (General Commercial District) for an expansion to an existing electrical substation to be located on a certain parcel of land lying and being in Lewes and Rehoboth Hundred, Sussex County, containing 2.493 acres, more or less. The property is located on the west side of Coastal Hwy. (RT. 1) approximately 320 ft. south of Dartmouth Dr. 911 Address: 18200 Coastal Hwy., Lewes. Tax Map I.D. 334-6.00-497.00 & 496.00

Planning/Zoning Meeting Audio

No mention of Tesla, chargers or SuperChargers, so still no hard confirmation this is the site, and this would likely use up a good part of the open area there but with this large of a project, if this is the site, I wonder how this would impact a SuperCharger install, would they wait for this expansion to be completed first? Hmm...

That Wawa would be a relatively poor location for a Supercharger as there is no other food and beverage choices within walking distance. There are a ton of parking lots further south on Route 1 that have nearby dining, coffee and/or shopping and have plenty of room for a Supercharger.

I think the construction you are seeing is for a new road to the houses behind Wawa.

New road to relieve traffic for Dartmouth Drive

Yes there will be a road between the main substation and the expansion that's outlined with silt fencing. As you drive in the expansion will have a gate or entrance of some kind on the right to a fenced in area. Noticed some lift type equipment at WaWa last night but likely just WaWa maintenance. Nice that we have this traffic camera to keep an eye on it until we get confirmation or other info though!

wawa.png

This is being built by the same company doing Gaithersburg.

Yeah, and they may have been the ones that did Maryland House and Chesapeake house, I have a 3rd degree relationship to the person who opened the 811 dig ticket on LinkedIn, and I think that may have been the fellow I saw at Maryland House the one time I stopped by...Now I just gotta find out which two people sit between us on LinkedIn :p