Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's precisely the sort of behavior Tesla's idle fees are intended to prevent, or at least reduce, right? I'd be surprised if anyone does that, and shocked if anyone does it more than once.
In addition, Google Maps says it's a 25-minute walk from the supercharger to the outlets. Even if we're generous and say 20, I think it's beyond the range of "convenient to walk to while charging" for a lot of people. And unless you're charging from low levels to 100%, you'd hardly be able to get any shopping done before the car is done charging, if you factor in the round-trip walk.

Having said that, I was eyeing the various eating establishments that are closer to the supercharger for a potential future trip...

+1 for Matts Fish Camp - only 8 minute walk.

I’m guessing this is the pad for the transformer Mirlen is looking for? Pic from Sunday but there didn’t seem to be any more activity today at lunchtime.
9DE98CDB-F67F-41BB-8FDE-500A8E3686CD.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Mirlen
Any locals swing by to check on that Transformer? Looks like construction tape is up so it might be in place and awaiting testing by Tesla:

View attachment 263979
I was watching today. There was a utility contractor (not Delmarva Power) there with an excavator doing something where the transformer will go. However, the pole out front still has the wire rolled up at the base. This wire will go up the pole and tie in the electric service. I believe they will tie it in at the same time that they set the transformer. It should not be to much longer not. (I hope!)

A friend of mine that has a beach house is down there this weekend. He messaged me that he passed the site today and reports "the tape is up at both locations. They are ready but the concrete was poured nearby so they are taped off". He probably means there are different entrances or exits at the same location. As for being ready, he would not know by driving by about transformers e t c. I am just passing along the observation.