Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, KY - Meijer Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to the 2nd Meijer in Lexington!!

12 stalls are planned for the location at 351 Meijer Way, on the south side of the city. Partial PDF attached below

Lexington.jpg

Attachments

• 2022.02.02 - Lexington, KY - Meijer - S&S.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 167
Lexington - Meijer Way, KY

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Meijer
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-27, US-68
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-27

To: Richmond, IN - 158.4 miles
Diversion: 1.3 miles
To: End (I-69 Fort Wayne, IN) - 251.5 miles

US-68

To: End (I-75 Findlay, OH) - 252.9 miles
Diversion: 3.8 miles

Another Supercharger in Lexington, KY.
On two US Numbered Highways, but farther from I-64 and I-75 than the existing Lexington Supercharger.

Much needed! I’ve been requesting this location to Tesla for years. This side of Lexington is a main travel path for a lot of traffic to and from south central KY. And our Tesla population is growing faster lately.

A standard range commuter from rural areas will greatly appreciate the ability to quickly boost range from this side of town. Going all the way to to the other side of the city to Hamburg isn’t ideal (also only v2 there).

I can think of a number of tourism locations this would help with for travelers coming from the interstates, like The Glitz, State Dock, Shakertown, popular orchards, some distilleries and vineyards, etc.

Lots of good reasons for this spot. Very exciting for us Kentuckian Tessie peeps and tourists. :)

Much needed! I’ve been requesting this location to Tesla for years. This side of Lexington is a main travel path for a lot of traffic to and from south central KY. And our Tesla population is growing faster lately.

A standard range commuter from rural areas will greatly appreciate the ability to quickly boost range from this side of town. Going all the way to to the other side of the city to Hamburg isn’t ideal (also only v2 there).

I can think of a number of tourism locations this would help with for travelers coming from the interstates, like The Glitz, State Dock, Shakertown, popular orchards, some distilleries and vineyards, etc.

Lots of good reasons for this spot. Very exciting for us Kentuckian Tessie peeps and tourists. :)

I'd have thought that commuters from rural areas would be charging at home, so maybe the benefit is helping them deal with outages/charging failures. Certainly outages are an issue here.

I agree with bjhinkle. That is the affluent side of town and a lot of travelers head from Lexington to destinations south and southwest. I still think they will need to add another one up close to the Horse Park and I-75/64 north junction at some point in time given the number of Teslas in the area, but this is a solid location to add for now.

I drive by this every day on my way home from work… I don’t own a Tesla yet but this is one of the factors I’ve been waiting on. Walking distance to one of the biggest and nicest parks in town is a nice cherry on top. I’m sure the new car wash right next to this spot will get an uptick in business. It’s not near the interstate but as others have said, this side of town is going to make heavy use of it, not to mention those headed out towards the Summit, Fayette mall, bluegrass parkway, Keeneland, the airport, etc. Fantastic spot!

If traveling on I-64 could this be a better location than the existing SCer, given this is a V3 vs a V2?
Even IF you’re really close to 0%, and IF traffic is light in the south new circle/Versailles corridor, I doubt you’d do much better than break even. I’m thinking that detour adds at least 15-20 minutes. Of course if the v2 is looking somewhat full (8 stalls compared to 12 on the v3), then you may have more reason to consider it.

Reactions: nogajim
Even IF you’re really close to 0%, and IF traffic is light in the south new circle/Versailles corridor, I doubt you’d do much better than break even. I’m thinking that detour adds at least 15-20 minutes. Of course if the v2 is looking somewhat full (8 stalls compared to 12 on the v3), then you may have more reason to consider it.
Yas after playing with GOOGLE Maps I came to the same conclusion. We have never had any issues charging at the V2 SC'er at Meijer's. Thanks for the sanity check. It's exciting to see all the new SC'er's being built so far this year. 2022 could be a banner year for new locations.

I'm curious as to why Lexington people care that much about new superchargers going in? (same could be said about anywhere they are installed if it's the town you live in).

I mean, I can understand if you are running around and need to fill up quick to continue your journey, but superchargers are meant for travelers. Using one daily is not recommended from what I recall. And even though a park is nearby, in reality it will charge up faster than you going to the park to enjoy it. :) Charging up at home is where it's supposed to happen if you live there.

I'm not saying that superchargers are not needed, in fact I think the opposite is true. We need more and in more rural locations especially in the eastern, souther, and western parts of the state. But the bigger cities definitely need more stations

• Funny
Reactions: RTPEV and ChrisC
I'm curious as to why Lexington people care that much about new superchargers going in? (same could be said about anywhere they are installed if it's the town you live in).

I mean, I can understand if you are running around and need to fill up quick to continue your journey, but superchargers are meant for travelers. Using one daily is not recommended from what I recall. And even though a park is nearby, in reality it will charge up faster than you going to the park to enjoy it. :) Charging up at home is where it's supposed to happen if you live there.

I'm not saying that superchargers are not needed, in fact I think the opposite is true. We need more and in more rural locations especially in the eastern, souther, and western parts of the state. But the bigger cities definitely need more stations
Just look at the national map: massive clusters in cities support owners who can’t charge at home. Rural owners are likely to be able to charge at home and you can make a round trip from most SCs to rural destinations except a few spots like eastern Kentucky.

I'm really excited for this location. I drive up from Nashville to visit family in the Ashland KY area regularly. I use the Bluegrass Parkway, so that has me coming in from the southwest side of town. This new location will be even more convenient than the existing V2, and there are some really nice places to stop around the Fayette mall area. The park will nice as well. The existing V2 location is really, really overcrowded at times too.

On a side note, it's always amusing to me to see people complaining about "this location will not benefit me personally, so what good is it!"

Will this new site relieve the congestion at the current SC by Meijer's? The last time we were there back in Feb we pulled in around 6 pm on our way to Maryland and 7 of the 8 stalls were full. We were shocked, every other time there were no more than 2 maybe three other cars charging.

Will this new site relieve the congestion at the current SC by Meijer's? The last time we were there back in Feb we pulled in around 6 pm on our way to Maryland and 7 of the 8 stalls were full. We were shocked, every other time there were no more than 2 maybe three other cars charging.
It should help some but the current supercharger is getting 12 additional spots added and the Bucee's that is 30 miles south is also expected to get some chargers.

• Helpful
Reactions: tpedwards