Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the first time I've seen what appears to be a gray plastic shroud on the fan outlet (inlet?) of the white Supercharger cabinets. They previously had much larger white sheet metal shrouds.

Gray... and round.
London, KY has (1) old and (2) new shrouds:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422708083.741127.jpg

As a non-Tesla owner (not yet anyway), I'm curious how you activate the charging session on the supercharger? I'm guessing the connector is locked in the pedestal and has to be unlocked through some method. Is it through a phone app, the car key fob, an RFID card, etc? I've never heard how you initiate the supercharge session. Thx.

As a non-Tesla owner (not yet anyway), I'm curious how you activate the charging session on the supercharger? I'm guessing the connector is locked in the pedestal and has to be unlocked through some method. Is it through a phone app, the car key fob, an RFID card, etc? I've never heard how you initiate the supercharge session. Thx.

Just pull into the spot and plug in. You dont need to hit any buttons to release the cable from the charge stand, and you dont need to do anything to start charging once your car is plugged in. It could not be any simpler.

Has any one else experienced slow supercharging at this location? I supercharged here twice last week, and both times never saw a speed above 30 kw. The first time I pulled into the charger with 15 miles range remaining, and after an hour and a half on the charger, I gave up and went back to my hotel for the night, and returned the next day, plugged into a different stall (on a different bank), and never saw a speed above 28 kw. My car is a classic 60, and thus is not the fastest charging car on the road, but these speeds were slow even by my standards.

WP_20170307_18_58_04_Pro.jpg

WP_20170308_12_28_36_Pro.jpg

Does anyone know why this does not show up on A Better Route Planner or Plugshare as an option? If you search for them, you find them, but if you use the route planner for either website it ignores this one, and a number in WV. It makes my trip longer to go the route it wants and it makes no sense why it's skipping these.

In the other Lexington thread (Meijer Way), a user reported talking to a worker delivering gear to that site, and they said:

"... Also good news for Lexington tesla owners, the old supercharger in the Hamburg location is going from 8 to 20 stalls in the same period of time [May] . They already have all of the equipment for it in the parking lot. Not sure if it's becoming a v3 location or staying v2."

I believe this is the thread for the "Hamburg" location.

Of course Tesla doesn't do new V2 installs anymore, so this will likely get 12 new V3 pedestals.

Last edited:
Reactions: nogajim