Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, MA (RT-128 NB service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prep work for the DC fast charging pedestals (2) in Lexington is complete. Contractor may have moved on to the Newton rear stop (may check tomorrow)

86A0AE13-1080-4217-9422-C7BABF2B963D.jpeg
ACC96ADC-4218-4F7F-9CDD-722C7A7CCA50.jpeg

Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1
Prep work for the DC fast charging pedestals (2) in Lexington is complete. Contractor may have moved on to the Newton rear stop (may check tomorrow)

View attachment 789153View attachment 789154
I noticed on my way by Lexington on Sunday that the DCFC pedestals have finally been installed next to the superchargers. As I was just driving by, I don't know the brand or if they have been energized yet. Good news for non-Tesla's out there.

Reactions: kayak1
Probably undergoing CCS compatibility related enablement - this work appears to have started last month and is occuring at most every v3 supercharger in Mass (and presumably all across North America) in preparation for 3rd party CCS-to-NACS adapters becoming available in 2024.

This does not necessarily mean or include MagicDock to be clear - although that may be coming to some V3 sites as well in the area.

Burlington was also done in the past few days as well.

Probably undergoing CCS compatibility related enablement - this work appears to have started last month and is occuring at most every v3 supercharger in Mass (and presumably all across North America) in preparation for 3rd party CCS-to-NACS adapters becoming available in 2024.

This does not necessarily mean or include MagicDock to be clear - although that may be coming to some V3 sites as well in the area.

Looks like the second crew doing this work may be out at East Templeton right now with all stalls showing out of order...

Reactions: kayak1

Thanks! Any chance they're putting longer cables on there? That's desperately need if they are planning on opening these stations up without causing chaos. For non-Teslas and for Cybertruck.

For Lexington it seems unlikely they will replace the charging posts with v4 posts. Sites more likely to be upgraded to v4 posts will typically have the v3 posts installed closer to parking-spot-center vs. the traditional alignment closer to the Tesla left-rear charging port. Danvers being one example of a site built with v4 upgradability in mind locally.