Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If this report is accurate, this is more about Sheetz wanting to get in on the action than Tesla trying to strategically cover travel corridors. Which is awesome by the way. As soon as it starts to become clear to other convenience outlets that the Sheetz strategy is starting to make a dent in their business suddenly the economics will shift and these stores will be paying Tesla to site Superchargers at their stores.

Even so, the location does make good sense. Along the I-85 corridor, Greensboro is significantly out of the way and this cuts a nearly 100 mile gap between Burlington and Charlotte almost perfectly in half. I have to say that Sheetz is really good about determining ideal sites for Superchargers (e.g. Lynchburg, VA).

I will say it's probably premature to add to supercharger.info until there is a bit more concrete evidence of a permit/construction.

With the massive build out of QuikTrip convenience stores (gas stations) in this area, my wife and I have been in awe of how shortsighted they are by ignoring EV drivers altogether.
They started the push into Carolina's in the early 2010's and specifically covering the Charlotte Metro area in the past 5 years, you'd think they at least consider DC charging stations of some sort.

With the massive build out of QuikTrip convenience stores (gas stations) in this area, my wife and I have been in awe of how shortsighted they are by ignoring EV drivers altogether.
They started the push into Carolina's in the early 2010's and specifically covering the Charlotte Metro area in the past 5 years, you'd think they at least consider DC charging stations of some sort.

They should learn from Busy Bee (whatever it’s called) in Live Oak, FL.

Looks like construction is underway, and from what they stated this is the first cybertruck install location on the east coast. Just look at that first space lol!

Attachments

• IMG_20201105_062246167.jpg
    IMG_20201105_062246167.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_20201105_062853881.jpg
    IMG_20201105_062853881.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20201105_062331988.jpg
    IMG_20201105_062331988.jpg
    408.4 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_20201105_062902956_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201105_062902956_HDR.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 114
If this report is accurate, this is more about Sheetz wanting to get in on the action than Tesla trying to strategically cover travel corridors. Which is awesome by the way. As soon as it starts to become clear to other convenience outlets that the Sheetz strategy is starting to make a dent in their business suddenly the economics will shift and these stores will be paying Tesla to site Superchargers at their stores.

Even so, the location does make good sense. Along the I-85 corridor, Greensboro is significantly out of the way and this cuts a nearly 100 mile gap between Burlington and Charlotte almost perfectly in half. I have to say that Sheetz is really good about determining ideal sites for Superchargers (e.g. Lynchburg, VA).

I will say it's probably premature to add to supercharger.info until there is a bit more concrete evidence of a permit/construction.
I may have had better info than you thought or I could share

Reactions: scottf200 and SigNC