Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't waitfor this V3 IMG_20201202_190207563.jpg
IMG_20201202_190119292.jpg IMG_20201202_190147846.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201202_190207563.jpg
    IMG_20201202_190207563.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20201202_190119292.jpg
    IMG_20201202_190119292.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20201202_190119292.jpg
    IMG_20201202_190119292.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 76
are you counting lexington as high rock (lake) or do you mean actual town of high rock? I was browshing sheetz locations and seems like the one in asheboro would make a lot of sense as lots of people run 64/49 between raleigh and charlotte.
That was it now find high rock one
The only Sheetz "near" High Rock, NC based on Google Maps are in Lexington (in this thread) and the Salisbury one that I wish would get a Supercharger...

Are you hinting that Salisbury will get a Supercharger? This is the address for Sheetz in Salisbury: 1520 Jake Alexander Blvd S, Salisbury, NC 28146

Reactions: SigNC
More counties need to offer online permit searches. How else are us keyboard warriors supposed to do our work?

Even though all don't, many do. But the problem is you never know whether it's the county's system or the town/city's system you need to look at, and then the search capabilities are pretty poor. Sometimes you need to know the permit # (completely useless!) or the street address (not helpful if you don't know where you are looking). If you're lucky you might be able to search for a description, but even then they rarely mention "Tesla" so you have try various search terms. And then sometimes you can only access one month's worth of permits at a time so you have to repeat the search over and over. It would be one thing if you knew for sure that there was something there to find and you just keep trying, but many times, you are only searching on the possibility there might be an application, so you don't know if you just need to try another search or whether to just move on and assume there is nothing in progress.

The only Sheetz "near" High Rock, NC based on Google Maps are in Lexington (in this thread) and the Salisbury one that I wish would get a Supercharger...

Are you hinting that Salisbury will get a Supercharger? This is the address for Sheetz in Salisbury: 1520 Jake Alexander Blvd S, Salisbury, NC 28146
Yes, that's the correct address for the Salisbury Sheetz, but no, we're not yet getting a Supercharger. The subject one is really in Lexington, about 15 miles up I-85 North of Salisbury.

While the Salisbury Sheetz COULD become a Supercharger someday, I wouldn't look at that site as a great location for one. It is very close to the Interstate exit and short walk to the ABC Store, but the site is pretty land-locked with little expansion area and banks of gas pumps. It is also very crowded most of the time servicing ICE vehicles and quick-food seekers.

If anywhere, I'd guess a better location would be the edge of the large parking lot on the other side of I-85 that is the Culver restaurant. Again easy exit/entry to I-85, much larger space, easy walk to at least one restaurant, close to drive-in restaurants, and the spaces are far less likely to be ICE'd perpetually.

• Helpful
Reactions: mikes_fsd
I'm checking this daily to see the first picture of a car charging there. I am about to drive past, but don't want to stop if they not ready yet.

Also I would realy like something on the i40 between greensboro and hickory. In the Winston Salem area would be great. My drive is south charlote -> WS then I have to go to greensboro to supercharge, back to WS and then to south charlotte. Would love to supercharge in WS