Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: This thread was originally created in the "Superchargers & Charging Infrastructure" forum.

I spotted a new Supercharger being installed today. This is in the Roses parking lot on interstate 20 exit 55 in Lexington, SC. This is one traffic light South of the interstate and across the street from CVS.
PXL_20210830_234003128.jpg
PXL_20210830_233859845.jpg
PXL_20210830_233849765.jpg
PXL_20210830_233827414.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I spotted a new Supercharger being installed today. This is in the Roses parking lot on interstate 20 exit 55 in Lexington, SC. This is one traffic light South of the interstate and across the street from CVS.
Excellent news

In the future, please post such news in the Community > TMC Community > Americas > Southeast Forum. The geographic based forums will get more notice and continual progress updates. Here Southeast

A moderator will likely move your post to that forum, until then please contribute as you learn new info

Your directions are good, and allowed me to find the location on Google Street View. The same bank advertisement is visible in your pics and google.

@MarcoRP @Chuq --

Here is a google street view (from parking lot of the strip mall) showing the bank and approximate location of the Super Chargers.

The address of the "Kleen Kare Cleaners Laundry" in the strip mall closest to the SC is 1123 S Lake Dr # A, Lexington, SC 29073

Last edited:
Great news that the Columbia area hasn't been forgotten as the other station seems to be overwhelmed more often lately. I'll give the obligatory 'we still need several more superchargers on I-26' statement and move on. Thanks for finding this and posting it.
I immediately thought of I-26, but I would still point out that this will be v3 while Columbia, SC is v2, and according to Supercharge.info/MapBox OSM Lexington, SC is a smaller diversion. So, that's something for I-26 travelers.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Forget I-26, when will one get built around Gaffney on I-85?
Well, I-26 is worse. Its over 200 miles between the charleston one and the asheville one.

I do see what you mean about I-85, though. Its a little better now that Fair Play exists. I'd be happy with one in Gastonia for getting back and forth between Spartanburg and Charlotte. Really having one anywhere on I-85 between Spartanburg and Charlotte would be nice to have.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOO FINALLY ANOTHER ONE!!!!

Also lol still not on I-26 😄 Interesting spot but probably the only place they get one installed near Columbia. I-20 doesn't really "need" another one although it is 145 miles between Florence and Augusta SC's but the NE Cola SC isn't really out of the way from I-20 much at all.

Also I will be staying in Lexington this weekend for the Carolina football game real close to this area so I'll stop by for sure. Looks like a 12 stall install, much appreciated.

Last edited:
LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOO FINALLY ANOTHER ONE!!!!

Also lol still not on I-26 😄 Interesting spot but probably the only place they get one installed near Columbia. I-20 doesn't really "need" another one although it is 145 miles between Florence and Augusta SC's but the NE Cola SC isn't really out of the way from I-20 much at all.
It helps when the existing Columbia site is busy, and that seems to happen a lot lately.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
It helps when the existing Columbia site is busy, and that seems to happen a lot lately.
The more I think about it and the more I look at the map they definitely have to have other SC coming for I-26 as this only helps solve a greater Columbia area SC problem and alleviates SC congestion on I-20/NE Cola like you said. As the main shopping space appears to be vacant at this site, I’m sure the landlord struck a deal with Tesla on this to create more traffic.

I’m still very concerned about all of the (8 year) construction on I-26 where are you would likely place a SC. I feel as though we’re more likely to see one in Newberry or Chapin on I-26, which is totally fine and probably for the best.

I will never complain about new SC in SC so happy to see Lexington getting one!

Lexington, SC

Along Primary Interstates: I-20
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-378
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-20

To: Columbia, SC - 22 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: End (I-95 near Florence - Houston Road, SC) - 87.2 miles

US-1

To: Columbia, SC - 27.1 miles
Diversion: 9.1 miles
To: Raleigh, NC - 217.9 miles

US-378

To: End (US-701 Conway, SC) - 140.3 miles
Diversion: 4.7 miles

To: North Charleston (I-20, US-1, I-26) - 111 miles, 01:47:49
(For comparison, Columbia, SC
From: Asheville, NC (I-26, I-20, SC-277, SC-555) - 158.6 miles, 02:30:25
To: North Charleston (I-77, I-26) - 118.4 miles, 01:52:25
So, a few miles and a few minutes less diversion for I-26, plus faster charging)

Another V3 on I-20,plus on US-378, making it traversible.