Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is absolutely awesome that we are getting a V3 so close! Live just off of Lake Murray and can confidently say a 15 min recharge time is SPECTACULAR... still hard to fathom that this tiny town is going to get such game changing tech...

Just a thanks to the folks on this forum that notified of this! Just joined today, awaiting my Model Y in Nov, and this really seems like the place to be!

Reactions: Pcutter and felizf
This is absolutely awesome that we are getting a V3 so close! Live just off of Lake Murray and can confidently say a 15 min recharge time is SPECTACULAR... still hard to fathom that this tiny town is going to get such game changing tech...

Just a thanks to the folks on this forum that notified of this! Just joined today, awaiting my Model Y in Nov, and this really seems like the place to be!
Congrats on your purchase and impending delivery. You will love the Model Y. If it’s ok, let me give you some unsolicited advice. As a long time Model 3 owner (126k miles and counting) I would highly recommend you install a L2 charger in your garage. At home, overnight charging is one of the best benefits of driving electric IMO. Forgive me if that was your intention, but based on your excitement over a SC going in close to home I’m assuming you intend to charge your car there frequently. You can do that of course, but I don’t recommend it. Either way, enjoy your Tesla!

Congrats on your purchase and impending delivery. You will love the Model Y. If it’s ok, let me give you some unsolicited advice. As a long time Model 3 owner (126k miles and counting) I would highly recommend you install a L2 charger in your garage. At home, overnight charging is one of the best benefits of driving electric IMO. Forgive me if that was your intention, but based on your excitement over a SC going in close to home I’m assuming you intend to charge your car there frequently. You can do that of course, but I don’t recommend it. Either way, enjoy your Tesla!
Solid assumption! I think I was just geeking out over the proximity of a level 3 though. I get my wall charger installed on the 30th of Sept!! Now lets just hope that my wife doesn't steal My Y all the time!

Solid assumption! I think I was just geeking out over the proximity of a level 3 though. I get my wall charger installed on the 30th of Sept!! Now lets just hope that my wife doesn't steal My Y all the time!
She will. I tell people in all seriousness to budget for a 2nd one. My first MX became my wife's after less than 6 months. My neighbors down the street bought a MX and now have 2 MY's instead. When they first ordered they laughed when I told them that they would end up with 2.

F5FC7C2D-9189-47F4-869F-AEF51DA41E0D.jpeg
E0F21183-0623-4B5B-94FC-EDC37935BA5A.jpeg

The Chargers are lit up. Tried to charge but sitting at “starting to charge” should be any day they’re “activated.”

80A48EC4-B34D-423C-B899-81DEC70655D2.jpeg

Cabinets remain covered.

View attachment 710877View attachment 710878
The Chargers are lit up. Tried to charge but sitting at “starting to charge” should be any day they’re “activated.”

View attachment 710879
Cabinets remain covered.
Thanks for the update and the pictures. If the lights are on at the stalls then I would assume it is on at the cabinets so it seems like the work left is Tesla and not the power company. Potentially a city inspection too. Hopefully will be soon as I’m counting on this charger for my upcoming trip.

Reactions: loganwatson
Thanks for the update and the pictures. If the lights are on at the stalls then I would assume it is on at the cabinets so it seems like the work left is Tesla and not the power company. Potentially a city inspection too. Hopefully will be soon as I’m counting on this charger for my upcoming trip.
That’s kinda what I’m thinking as well. This area I don’t think technically is in any formal city or town. It’s located in the county so there isn’t much they’d have to get approved that I could think of. All approvals would’ve been done prior to power being turned on. I think it’s just a matter of Tesla allowing the authorization to charge. It could be pending an internal Tesla inspection… not sure how they do these.

I think it’s just a matter of Tesla allowing the authorization to charge.
yeah, I talked to an installer once and he said Tesla has to commission a new charger. Whatever that means. They even have a commission team that travels around to new charger locations, so it could be a couple of weeks before it becomes live. Depends on their schedule.

Reactions: loganwatson