Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Darn, just figured out why the organic market isn't in gMaps--they're permanently closed!! Big loss for the Lexington Supercharger food selection :(. Gotta recalibrate, try to get there before 3pm while that other Kind Roots cafe is still open I guess.

Thx for the tip on the Kind Roots Cafe, hope they're open as we head up for Snowshoe Ski Trip this weekend!

Btw, stopped here to charge in October and discovered a great little organic market back towards the highway about 200 yds from Applebees. It's called Cool Spring Organic Market...really good selection for a tiny place, think they had some take-away food options in addition to org groceries. Wayyy better than the other fast food options around here IMHO. The market doesn't show in my Google Maps, but it is in Apple Maps, and they list facebook.com/coolspringorganicmarket as their website.

Thanks to knockem for hosting!

There's an Applebee's there at the supercharger. I've been meaning to check out this place named Kind Roots Cafe, in the shopping center down the road. Their website is Welcome. Not sure if there's a path between the businesses around the supercharger and the shopping center, but you may need to walk out to Rt 11 to get there.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Looks like Kind Roots Cafe is 100 yds walk through the woods, if there's an opening :)
Nice find!
Kind Roots is a nice stop for breakfast/lunch. It’s a small local place, kind of the opposite of Applebee’s. Food was pretty good. There isn’t a great path through the woods at least in summer. Maybe there is a path visible in winter but the hill is pretty steep. It’s a short walk around the woods to Rt 11. Also beware the ferile cats...
If you have time to kill there is a huge antique store in the area near Kind roots too, nothing fancy but lots of vintage stuff.

• Informative
Reactions: vdiv
I am currently at the Lexington VA supercharger. Stall 3B is significantly damaged. Can't tell if someome backed into it or perhaps vandalized. Since it is only one pedestal i suspect someone backed into it. The Tesla logo is unlit on that pedestal.

I am trying to report it to Tesla but have been on hold for 20 minutes so far.

The good news is that I am getting great power from pedestal 1B.

Whenever I run across supercharger damage, I just take a pic and attach it to an email to [email protected] with a description of the issue. They usually respond pretty fast (to the email anyway).
I used to do the same thing, but last time I emailed the supercharger team they said to call them to get a faster response to the issue. Frankly, waiting 20 minutes on hold (as Only Trons reported) is not acceptable service - Tesla needs to step it up.

Reactions: Skipdd
I used to do the same thing, but last time I emailed the supercharger team they said to call them to get a faster response to the issue. Frankly, waiting 20 minutes on hold (as Only Trons reported) is not acceptable service - Tesla needs to step it up.

I'd suggest something from the Nav screen itself where you can click on the supercharger where you are, click a button for "Report issue / comment" and one of the pre-selected items would be "damaged charger stall" or "unable to charge" or "charging at reduced rate / power / speed." That would be submitted instantly and directly to Tesla and would gather your vehicle's SOC, battery temp, outside temp, how far you drove to get there, if anyone else was there, when the last time someone else was there, etc.

It seems so easy and I don't know why they haven't added something like this in the past 5 yrs.

Considering the explosion in the number of superchargers it is a miracle (or a lot of hard work) that most stations are up and running. One just has to look at the commercial DCFC state of affairs to gain a level of appreciation (and ok, lots of gratitude) :)

Reactions: DFibRL8R
I'd suggest something from the Nav screen itself where you can click on the supercharger where you are, click a button for "Report issue / comment" and one of the pre-selected items would be "damaged charger stall" or "unable to charge" or "charging at reduced rate / power / speed." That would be submitted instantly and directly to Tesla and would gather your vehicle's SOC, battery temp, outside temp, how far you drove to get there, if anyone else was there, when the last time someone else was there, etc.

It seems so easy and I don't know why they haven't added something like this in the past 5 yrs.

Maybe if you tweet Elon with this request, he will reply "Coming Soon" :)

No issues.
PXL_20220219_224718845.jpg
PXL_20220219_224809894.jpg

Reactions: RobotWizard