Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lexington, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lanny

Nov 29, 2011
MD
LexingtonVASC.png

Rockbridge County has issued a permit for a Supercharger at 880 N. Lee Highway, Lexington, Virginia. (link to map).

There's an Applebee's, Best Western and a Holiday Inn Express near that address.

Lanny

Reactions: PStewart
Last edited:
Wow, so close for me... Probably just a hair short of making it between my house and this charger with 100% charge. Bet I could do it in the summer driving conservatively. Impossible in winter.

Either way... I'll take it and I'll go for it anyway and pick up the 20 miles or so at a CHAdeMO or L2 charger just so I don't have to mess with 95 through DC anymore on my NC<->NJ trips.

One more dot on this route and we'll be in great shape.

Wow, so close for me... Probably just a hair short of making it between my house and this charger with 100% charge. Bet I could do it in the summer driving conservatively. Impossible in winter.

Either way... I'll take it and I'll go for it anyway and pick up the 20 miles or so at a CHAdeMO or L2 charger just so I don't have to mess with 95 through DC anymore on my NC<->NJ trips.

One more dot on this route and we'll be in great shape.

I'm sure Wytheville, VA will be permitted and under construction pretty soon.

AWESOME!!!! What are the chances it's done by Christmas Eve? Ha Ha, j/k :)

What's interesting is that the 2015 map was just updated and most of the "coming soon" superchargers were removed implying they would not come online before the new year. Lexington, VA, however, was one of the very few not removed. Not sure if that is an oversight or if they plan for this to be a really fast build.

Supercharger | Tesla Motors