Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lima, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a new dot that popped up on the new "END OF 2014" map that had gone undiscovered until now.

The location is Hampton Inn at 1933 Roschman Avenue. The permit indicates 8 pedestals.

If anyone is in the area and could scout it out, please post pictures. It should be pretty far along in construction already.

The salesman in Cincinnati said it was to open soon but did not give a date. It is awesome that there will be one so close to me but the Model 3 needs to come out so I can afford it.

I will try to check it out tomorrow. The sales man in Cincinnati on Friday told me that it was to open soon. I just need an extra $40000 to buy the Model S that I want. Or I can wait till the Model 3.

Welcome to the forum 13hartc. A few years ago, I was in your shoes. After a few years of saving, investing in TSLA, and waiting for the right deal on an inventory car to pop up, I am now the proud owner of a Model S. The team at the Cincinnati store was great in working with me to find an inventory car in my price range. When the time comes for you to bring your own Telsa home, be sure to ask them about inventory vehicles, as they can be purchased at a significant discount (mine was more than $18k off sticker price).

Middle America Route:

Normal>Laf>Lima>Mace>Erie.jpg

Now just get us from Denver > Normal.
--

I talked to an employee of the Hampton Inn this afternoon. That employee said that the Supercharger has been under construction for the last 2 weeks. She also said they are still working on it so she doesn't think it's finished. Sounds like it will be finished soon, based on the amount of time these sites usually take. However, the transformer from the local power company can stretch that timeline for months. Hopefully we get pictures soon. I've traveled to Michigan from Atlanta 3 times this year. I'd love to see some Kentucky SCs but this is a nice addition.

So the Lima one is coming right along. The first photo just happened to be when I was at the gas station(hopefully not too much longer). @Rifleman The gut in Cincinnati told me about that. I figure once I graduate in 2 years from college the cars will be cheaper and I can get one of my dreams. I almost put down the $2500 deposit when I was there.

IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg

The first photo is from the gas station(hopefully I will not have to go there too much longer.) They are making progress. @Rifleman When I was in Cincinnati the sales man told me about the inventory cars and I was very tempted to put down the $2500. I guess I will wait until I graduate college in 2 years or until I can find a used 85 with tech package auto pilot for around $50,000. In 2 years I hope the price falls and I have an full time job.
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0205.jpg
IMG_0204.jpg

I just passed through Lima on the way home from a family get together last weekend. I stopped at the Lima Mall to charge, level 2 charger but not reserved EV parking. I was nearly ICE'd, had I not got out and asked the SUV driver if he'd mind moving to another space. Anyhow, a SC would have made my day much nicer & had I known one was under construction, I would have taken a peek at the progress along with some pictures.

Last edited:
I just passed through Lima on the way home from a family get together last weekend. I stopped at the Lima Mall to charge, level 2 charger but not reserved EV parking. I was nearly ICE'd, had I not got out and asked the SUV driver if he'd mind moving to another space. Anyhow, a SC would have made my day much nicer & had I known one was under construction, I would have taken a peak at the progress along with some pictures.
It is my last post is under review as I am new person still. Photos to come. They look like they are almost done.

I'm surprised that they are working on this one in Lima given that the Maumee to Dayton SCs are still reachable at 141 miles apart along I-75. Its going to be great when they finally complete I-75 between Cincinnati and Chattanooga. That's a well traveled interstate for us in the Midwest.

Middle America Route:
Now just get us from Denver > Normal.
--

Agreed. The continuing gap between Topeka and Normal puzzles me. Adding SCs in St. Louis and Columbia would make a trip across the middle of America possible. Long term Tesla should add SCs to Kansas City and a few other spots, but with StL and Columbia, it's possible to make it across. StL and then two or three more toward Chattanooga would make a complete route to the SE US. It seems that would make those a high(er) priority, esp StL. More SCs everywhere is good, but I don't always understand the priorities, why some SCs are scheduled before other more obvious sites, e.g., Kansas City is before Columbia on Tesla's map. Perhaps Tesla will surprise us with a burst of key SCs in the next few months.

I'm surprised that they are working on this one in Lima given that the Maumee to Dayton SCs are still reachable at 141 miles apart along I-75. Its going to be great when they finally complete I-75 between Cincinnati and Chattanooga. That's a well traveled interstate for us in the Midwest.

Lafayette > IN-25 & IN24 > Lima > US30 > Mansfield OH, (some 260 miles) constitutes a Virtual Interstate going East-West. All fresh 4 lane divided, ~limited access - try it you'll like it. Maps don't really show it like they should!! (see map below).
--

Lafayette > IN-25 & IN24 > Lima > US30 > Mansfield OH, (some 260 miles) constitutes a Virtual Interstate going East-West. All fresh 4 lane divided, ~limited access - try it you'll like it. Maps don't really show it like they should!! (see map below).
--

wycolo, thanks. At certain zoom levels of Google Maps it does not appear to be a great east-west route. I will have to try that trip in the future. Any excuse for a road trip.