Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lima, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread became an excuse for me to make a run on Saturday for my favorite cookies, which can be found at the same exit! The meter is hooked up, but not activated -- everything else looks pretty much done to my untrained eye:

image.jpg

image.jpg

And an appropriate holiday shot from the place with the cookies:

image.jpg

Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Not only is a meter there, but a Model S and a Portable Generator were in the pictures. This should mean it's been Tesla Tested.

edit: looking at post 13's third picture, perhaps just needs cables connected at the top of that pole in the background. Looks like an unconnected whip emerging from the ground, running up the side of the pole and just hanging...
edit edit: in the background of Post 18's first (meter) pic too.

Last edited:
I notice couple of things still to be done:

** It appears there might still be a hole that needs to be filled, and some of the dirt leveled and moved around a bit (large piles of dirt in background of first set of pics).
** Installation of various holes and posts with signs indicating EV/Tesla Charging
** Clean up of sawn concrete and addition of parking stripes
** Addition of some landscaping and laying sod around the raw concrete edges
** There is a posting board visible for local permitting review, status of some items might still be open before transformer is allowed to be activated
** Removal of porta-potty and bags of trash

Getting really close: Rock on Ohio!!!

I will be going to Indianapolis from Ypsilanti, Michigan this Saturday. Thanks to the new supercharger, the trip will be fun instead of what i had in mind before. The plan was to layer up and start the trip with no heater and 10mi below speed limit to do the 140mi stretch from Maumee to Dayton in my S60.

It's Open!

image.jpg
image.jpg
It's operational! I charged there on 12/24. There were cones in the spaces, but the Superchargers were illuminated. There is a Sam's Club right behind the Superchargers. They are located in the Hampton Inn parking lot right off I-75. Thee is a Cracker Barrell, Applebee's, J's, and Panera within walking distance. Thanks Tesla and Hampton Inn!

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I met the very nice manager of the Hampton Inn this afternoon while charging. He told me that some sophisticated thieves cut all the Supercharger cables to steal the copper. This happened a week before the scheduled opening. He said it required a $500+ tool. Tesla had to replace all the cables, which I'm sure cost a lot. The Superchargers are right to the side of the hotel, clearly visible from the hotel and Applebee's. Now that the Superchargers are open, they will think twice about doing it again fearing that a Tesla could pull in at any minute.

i hope they catch these thieves. Sorry Tesla. I hope this was covered by insurance.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi OHAQ,
i also have an S60, and have made the Dayton to Maumee trip a few times. I usually arrive with about 30 miles to spare. I charged at Lima today for 20 minutes, which gave plenty of buffer to get to Maumee. The temperature is 50 today, and our power consumption is 330 W/Mi at 70 mph, which is not bad. If you have not been to Maumee yet, Deets BBQ and Tropical Smoothies have great sandwiches. Meijers also has lots of sales this weekend.

Used it twice. Once in the morning and worked great. When I was coming back to michigan it was slow around 3AM. The charging speed went to 200mi/HR, then came down and settled around 110. I first tried station 1A then 4 and it did not draw any current 0mi/hr. Then tried 2 and same thing went to 200 then down. When it came back to 150 I just unplugged and replugged once I had 100 miles I went to maumee and the charge was back to normal 250+.

I haven't notified tesla yet.

Used it twice. Once in the morning and worked great. When I was coming back to michigan it was slow around 3AM. The charging speed went to 200mi/HR, then came down and settled around 110. I first tried station 1A then 4 and it did not draw any current 0mi/hr. Then tried 2 and same thing went to 200 then down. When it came back to 150 I just unplugged and replugged once I had 100 miles I went to maumee and the charge was back to normal 250+.

I haven't notified tesla yet.
Your charge rate was probably just fine. The MPH reading is an AVERAGE over the session. If you arrive with very low rated range your charge rate will be very high. If you arrive with greater rated range your charge rate will be significantly lower.

Your charge rate was probably just fine. The MPH reading is an AVERAGE over the session. If you arrive with very low rated range your charge rate will be very high. If you arrive with greater rated range your charge rate will be significantly lower.

I arrived with around 40mi. In those cases the charge rate is usually 200+. when i get to 90% charge (170mi) then i get around 150mi/hr. This still does not explain why i was getting nothing from charger 4A. when i plugged in the green light was blinking on the port but when i went inside waited a minute nothing happened.

It rained all day. My other thought was maybe there was water in the charger cable and the software just limited the current to avoid bad things to happen. Like in home charging it will limit the amps to 30amp if not plugged in properly. No idea if this applies to DC (superchargers).

I used the Lima SC twice about three weeks ago. I can confirm that something funky is going on there. I had low power across all of the stalls I tried. This did not happen at the Dayton or Toledo chargers - something is definitely up with that site.

I reported it to my service center, who I assume forwarded the information on.

The station wasn't working two weeks ago when I last visited it. Is it up now?

If you call Tesla Roadside Assistance at 866-998-3752. They can quickly give you status of any Supercharger or a string of Superchargers on your route. The folks on the line have always been helpful.

Until the Supercharger Site Status is available in the car, this manual method works.

We drove by this location on Friday with no problems but on Sunday we were have problems getting any Amps from any bay. I called Tesla and they said they would make a ticket to get it fixed. After a long time of sitting there I did get 100amps long enough to charge to get to the Dayton charger.