Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Limon, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe not so much inspection, but "review". Recall I think in Silverthorne the Town Fire Department had to get their oar in the water on approval. Also, if XCEL is involved anywhere, they can suck up time in their morass of an organization. It takes XCEL weeks even months to review ordinary residential solar plans and then more weeks to come out and inspect and simply install their production meter. Who knows in Limon....just thoughts.

I found it careless to leave open pits and heavy equipment over the weekend, much less indefinitely. It did not at all look like a construction area that was shut down. The excavator was in mid-scoop, digging the trench. There is nothing keeping a small child from falling into the holes but some chest-high yellow tape.

More pictures from Limon today...
IMG_1015.JPG.jpeg

IMG_5779.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PStewart
Arizona seems to have gotten a lot of Supercharger attention. With 7 built, 2 more under construction, Arizona is second only to CA for the number of Superchargers. Are there really that many Model S owners in Phoenix? Phoenix is almost as connected as SF, LA, or Chicago. Meanwhile, Boston and Atlanta really have access to 1 each.

Arizona seems to have gotten a lot of Supercharger attention. With 7 built, 2 more under construction, Arizona is second only to CA for the number of Superchargers. Are there really that many Model S owners in Phoenix? Phoenix is almost as connected as SF, LA, or Chicago. Meanwhile, Boston and Atlanta really have access to 1 each.

Ask this in the main thread since its not related to Limon or CO - http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/8590-Tesla-Supercharger-network/page492

Charged here today, no charging speed issues, only 1 other Tesla. Watch out for the weird ordering of the stalls. I pulled in away from the other Tesla that was charging, but accidentally backed into the paired stall, so I had to move to avoid splitting power. The Arby’s is closed right now, but the nearby petrol places are open of course.

Reactions: PStewart
Charging here today. 2 stalls out of order. And getting only 28kW with 37% SOC. Avoid this site if you can. We really need a V3 upgrade here (or nearby).
I checked with the Model X owner that was charging on the same cabinet as me and he was only getting 68 kW, so 96 kW total from a single cabinet with 2 cars with low SOC. :( Plus, by the time I left 3 Teslas were waiting. This was a painful one for a holiday weekend.

View attachment 794387View attachment 794388
Stopped to charge on the 14th. Saw some new construction, took some pictures.
Nice. I was just there a week ago on April 10th and there was no sign of construction. I'm glad to see they expanding this location. Hopefully they will expand the other locations across Kansas and add some v3 Superchargers. That will really help with the paired Supercharger issue.

Reactions: MarkeR2002