Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, CA (LIVE 14 Oct 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Learned about this location from a confidential source. Also, confirmed from another confidential source that this construction is for a Tesla Supercharger site.

Also checking this location almost daily for progress. No Tesla equipment or boxes as yet. Just construction workmen trenching and lots of pipes on site within screen fencing.

• Informative
Reactions: Blup85 and mblakele
IMG_1605.JPG
Marked the fenced in location in red.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and ReddyLeaf
This is an odd location for a Supercharger, very close to the Rocklin, Roseville, and Yuba City Superchargers. It could be an Electrify America location. A building permit would be nice to see.

@SR-75 please keep checking regularly and post photos of what’s going on. While I am not saying this isn’t a Supercharger, I’m not convinced...

Learned about this location from a confidential source. Also, confirmed from another confidential source that this construction is for a Tesla Supercharger site.

Also checking this location almost daily for progress. No Tesla equipment or boxes as yet. Just construction workmen trenching and lots of pipes on site within screen fencing.

The Tesla Supercharger modus operandi seems now to have shifted to 3 steps:
(1) Groundwork (trenches and conduit) for power run to site.
(2) Groundwork (conduit, slabs, pedestal bases) for Tesla equipment, plus installation of cabinets and cabling
(3) Transformer, meter, pedestals, cabling hook-up and commissioning.

We're seeing many more cases where the utility work is done ahead of the final Tesla work.

The information suggests they're in step 1.

As another poster noted, it could be Electrify America, as it has an agreement with Target as well. But being on a CA highway, rather than an Interstate at this point does suggest more of a Tesla fill-in.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
I am not doubting you believe your sources. But a new Supercharger in Lincoln makes no sense to me. It’s not on a major highway and it is very close to three other Superchargers.

View attachment 462435

CA-65 may not be a Interstate highway, but it is a very busy and well traveled California Highway. It is about as major as any California Highway. And by the way, We see a lot of Teslas not only in town but on the CA-65 too.

• Informative
CA-65 may not be a Interstate highway, but it is a very busy and well traveled California Highway. It is about as major as any California Highway. And by the way, We see a lot of Teslas not only in town but on the CA-65 too.
Sure, and if that northern section of CA-65 wasn't just ~40 miles long and didn't already have 3 superchargers essentially bracketing it at both ends (Yuba City and Roseville+Rocklin), then a supercharger in Lincoln would make tons more sense. As it is, it doesn't seem like an especially useful location beyond Tesla just adding more supercharger density wherever they can in the region (still a worthy endeavor).

Reactions: Ulmo and ecarfan
Just to be the Devil's Advocate:

The ingress and egress to both Rocklin and Roseville can be a nightmare during much of the day. The egress and ingress at this putative location looks to be easier and quicker. (I have driven SR65 [nee US99E] north of Roseville dozens of times in the past twenty years.)

Rocklin is often busy with travelers and onsite charging of repaired or new vehicles that are prepped for delivery.

SR193 goes between Lincoln and Auburn; it cuts off the angle for people traveling on Interstate 80 to the Sacramento Valley. This is particularly effective during the winter when SR20 is periodically closed east of Nevada City or requires chaining up on that stretch of highway, and some flatlanders (like me!) would rather not risk driving in snowy conditions. I have no actual experience comparing SR20 between Yuba City to Interstate 80 via Grass Valley and Nevada City versus heading south on SR70 to SR65 to SR193 to Interstate 80 at Auburn. But this may be a faster route: SR20 is two lanes the entire way except for a 5-mile freeway between Grass Valley and Nevada City, while SR65 south of Marysville onto Interstate 80 is freeway most of the way. This may be a very convenient location!

I understand some of the puzzled comments with this location's proximity to both Roseville and Rocklin to the south, and Yuba City (and even Chico) to the north.

Perhaps Roseville's seven stalls will be deactivated in the next 12-18 months if the lease runs out.

IMG_1609.JPG
IMG_1608.JPG

Was told this is PG&E's Switch Gear Equipment. Still wrapped up but took pictures of what was available to see at this time. This was just delivered by FedEx. There is 2 large Simi Trucks parked here, one here for about a week and the other almost a week. Very interested in what they are delivering. We still do not know if this will be a Urban, V2 or V3 Supercharger as yet. Will take a look daily for any updates.

While there, they told me there is another Tesla Urban Supercharger at the Manteca Target parking lot. The Target is located in the old Spreckels area for those that are familiar with the area. This is the first I heard about this.

Last edited: