Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lincoln, CA (LIVE 14 Oct 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if that truck is still here from over a week ago for a Tesla equipment delivery. Still waiting for the rest of the Tesla equipment.

IMG_1640.JPG

Hey, experts, please educate me.

From the oval shape of the bases, I think these are not urban Superchargers. Right so far?

Next, I see in post #20 that there are two large-diameter holes in the bases. Post #32 from a different site shows bases with only a single large hole. Is this the difference between a V3 base and a V2 base? V3 has two holes? Second hole something to do with the liquid cooling?

Seeking to learn!

From the oval shape of the bases, I think these are not urban Superchargers. Right so far?
Correct, the precast bases for urban superchargers are much more rectangular with a bowed front. They look like this:
3031cfd7-df00-4ca2-89cf-467661678b36-jpeg.363560
Next, I see in post #20 that there are two large-diameter holes in the bases. Post #32 from a different site shows bases with only a single large hole. Is this the difference between a V3 base and a V2 base? V3 has two holes? Second hole something to do with the liquid cooling?
So far as I have seen, no connection. Tesla uses a couple of different designs for the precast bases for traditional style charging posts, some are one piece, some are two pieces, some have one hole, some have two. It may just be them using up leftover stock from previous designs. But, so far, I haven't noticed any connection between base type and whether a site is V2 or V3.

• Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC
So far as I have seen, no connection. Tesla uses a couple of different designs for the precast bases for traditional style charging posts, some are one piece, some are two pieces, some have one hole, some have two. It may just be them using up leftover stock from previous designs. But, so far, I haven't noticed any connection between base type and whether a site is V2 or V3.
Then based on the photos in this thread, is it true that we can't tell V3 vs V2? Or are there clues other than the shape of the concrete?

Then based on the photos in this thread, is it true that we can't tell V3 vs V2? Or are there clues other than the shape of the concrete?
It's hard to tell from the Pedestal end of the conduit. However, the sure give-away is the arrangement of conduits at the Supercharger cabinets. The V2 cabinets support 2 pedestals each and the V3 cabinets support 4 pedestals each. On V3 there are two clusters of large conduits, 4 for the pedestals and 4 for the incoming AC power. There is usually one or two small conduits as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and CharleyBC
It's hard to tell from the Pedestal end of the conduit. However, the sure give-away is the arrangement of conduits at the Supercharger cabinets. The V2 cabinets support 2 pedestals each and the V3 cabinets support 4 pedestals each. On V3 there are two clusters of large conduits, 4 for the pedestals and 4 for the incoming AC power. There is usually one or two small conduits as well.

Does this look like V2 or V3? How can you tell?
54205817-E6A1-4336-9E84-EEEB3EB4EF4C.jpeg

Reactions: CharleyBC
Was told that nothing much happening here in the last month and during the Holidays Target is putting a hold on construction here. This project will most likely will be completed early next year.

Also was given some info on another location in which we need to verify that may get completed before this one.

Here is the last picture I took this morning.

IMG_1648.JPG

Reactions: MarcoRP
Was told that nothing much happening here in the last month and during the Holidays Target is putting a hold on construction here. This project will most likely will be completed early next year.

Also was given some info on another location in which we need to verify that may get completed before this one.

View attachment 472131
Thanks for the scouting update! This one is close to home (Sacramento) so more interesting. But ironically, I rarely use the ones close to home!

What other location did you learn about?

View attachment 472131

Found the other Tesla Supercharger that workman told me about. I created another thread "Supercharger - Roseville, CA (Ridge at Creekside Shopping Mall) Urban Chargers. When construction of the new Roseville Urban Supercharger is moved along enough, they might start work on our Lincoln Supercharger in earnest. That workman did say that Target had blackout days for construction because of the Holidays.

Lots of work being done today. About six workers there, with a Ditch Witch unloaded.one of the workers was taking measurements from the transformer site to the SC site.
Sorry the photos are not to good, I only had a minute to take them before one worker closed the fencing and there was a lot of sun.

Attachments

• 7226ADE2-A850-489A-8F64-25A00452A08D.jpeg
    7226ADE2-A850-489A-8F64-25A00452A08D.jpeg
    652.3 KB · Views: 61
  • D9804B7A-3C2F-40C7-AE8C-354E2FC55123.jpeg
    D9804B7A-3C2F-40C7-AE8C-354E2FC55123.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 41
Drove by again today, lots of workers there. Some of the Tesla signs are up, and a crew was digging with a shovel where the large transformer box is going.
Sorry no photos. I saw at least 5 workers, and lots of equipment, dump truck, shovel, ditch witch.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
IMG_1676.JPG
IMG_1677.JPG

Sorry this is late. Early this morning took these pictures. Notice that the big pile of dirt is gone and the trench is filled. Looks like they are working this site before they hit the back out days for construction during the holidays.

Did not see the Tesla signs this morning, if time permits tomorrow will take more pictures for the signs too.

Thanks Jasdelta for the report on the signs. Looks like this site may almost catch up with Roseville's construction as I saw it last Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9
Good news: Was told we can see much more this weekend after the fence comes down.
Bad news or not so Good news: This Supercharger site will not be operational til at least sometime in January 2020. At least it will be early 2020.

IMG_1685.JPG